It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:16 am

Windows Now Playing

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Windows Now Playing

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: June 29th, 2021, 11:50 pm A perfect good morning song lol... I am glad I didn't just mark the forums read and paid a visit here
And I'm glad you made me revisit the thread, since I didn't catch the latest jsmorley edit... :rolmfao:
jsmorley wrote: June 29th, 2021, 10:15 pmI suspect that #CRLF# actually just matches on the \n, but if you remove the \n from the \r\n EOL, it has the same effect. I think a \r by itself has no effect at all. The whole Carriage Return deal is a prehensile tail in any case, that Windows just kept so older code won't fail. Not that many "carriages" out there to "return"...
Indeed. The \R should match them both, just like #CRLF#, although I found out the former is a bit tricky to use in certain cases, I believe when it comes to having to function as a "single character pattern" (which is obviously not, as it matches a variable number, either 1 or 2).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

I'm just now realizing why for a long period of time the "Enter" key was called Return.

God damn type writers.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Can anyone confirm whether this addon works with the Windows 11 beta?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 10:58 pm Can anyone confirm whether this addon works with the Windows 11 beta?
Affirmative.
Screenshot 2021-07-03 083045.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Thank you!
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Other user reporting this window. Is this a WindowsNowPlaying problem?

Any chance we can get this done as a Rainmeter plugin? I've completely replaced the NowPlaying functionality with this.
Screenshot 2021-07-06 121015.png

And here is the exception error. Can this return as a blank value instead of as the exception message?
945D7082-D5F9-44BA-95DE-CBB6A54A14F4.png
Also, Japanese and other foreign characters return as "??????????" question marks. Can this be fixed?
B42513BD-5EF1-45FC-9DD8-754AD68BA965.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Alright. I guess I'll go ahead and remove this app. Get back to me if you fix these bugs, maybe turn it into a plugin instead of this weird script thing.

Unfortunate because it works great for me.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Question: has anyone tried to use the WindowMessage plugin as a "universal NowPlaying" approach, or is it that it can't provide all the info needed or doesn't work with all the players?
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Yincognito wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:10 am Question: has anyone tried to use the WindowMessage plugin as a "universal NowPlaying" approach, or is it that it can't provide all the info needed or doesn't work with all the players?
It's an interesting idea that I've never really considered before... I'll investigate...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:41 am It's an interesting idea that I've never really considered before... I'll investigate...
This will depend on whether the said app is exposing stuff to the Windows messaging system and you'll need some other app that can read what parameters are sent and received (sort of like AutoIt is doing) in order to build yourself a "database" of "commands" available, but it's worth checking out, if not for anything at least to know if it's feasible or not.