It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:50 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

TheRealDjElite wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 8:04 pmMeh. He comes off as a sophomaniac, at least in my experience here.
Probably not the only one around though... :lol:
I'm trying really hard not to look in the mirror now :oops:
TheRealDjElite wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 8:04 pmNonetheless, thanks for chiming in. And Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to you as well from Hawai'i.
Thanks - now that's a place I didn't expect you to be from. 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
seanx

Post by seanx »

Hi,
how to change in Weather.com Fahrenheit to Celsius, Wind - mph to km / h and m / s, pressure .... Can more days be added for forecast?
Well thank you.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

seanx wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:13 am Hi,
how to change in Weather.com Fahrenheit to Celsius, Wind - mph to km / h and m / s, pressure .... Can more days be added for forecast?
Well thank you.
Changing the units of measure is pretty simple. Just right-click the skin and select "Edit Weather Variables". In the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file that will open in your text editor, just change the setting Units as you desire. How to do it is explained in the file itself. Save that file and refresh the skin.
seanx

Post by seanx »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:17 am Changing the units of measure is pretty simple. Just right-click the skin and select "Edit Weather Variables". In the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file that will open in your text editor, just change the setting Units as you desire. How to do it is explained in the file itself. Save that file and refresh the skin.
Thanks for the help, it's OK.
And can more days be added to the predictions?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

seanx wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:25 am Thanks for the help, it's OK.
And can more days be added to the predictions?
You can, but I would not say it will be trivial to do. The skin as designed displays current, today/tonight and tomorrow.

If you want more than 3 days returned to the skin, you will need to change the Variable @Include3 in the skin, to one of the other .inc files that return more than the 3 days I have set by default. Instructions are in the skin.

Then you will need to add more "meters" to display the extra days. You can use what is there now as a template for how they should be coded, being careful to remember that every [section] in a Rainmeter skin must have a unique name.

Then change the meter [MeterAllBackground] to be larger/longer, to hold the new meters you create.

If you are willing to dig into coding in Rainmeter, adding more days is not terribly difficult. However, be aware that it's not really easy either.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

seanx wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:25 amAnd can more days be added to the predictions?
Apart from what jsmorley said (i.e. adding additional info yourself using a more comprehensive .inc file from the package and writing new meters), you can look over an example of what can be done for this specific skin here (the code is meant to replace the contents of the Weather.com.ini file). It shows the rest of the days on scrolling or pushing the appropriate "buttons" while keeping the size of the skin mostly unchanged. Bear in mind that this was written some time ago and it was never meant to be a fully fledged released skin, hopefully it's still "compatible" with whatever changes occured in the original skin / INC files in the meantime.

Other users have also modified this skin (or designed others) to suit their purposes, so searching the forum for acceptable solutions is an option as well.
seanx

Post by seanx »

@jsmorley
@Yincognito
Thank you for the answers, they helped me with the settings :-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There are tons of other weather skins that may display more information without you having to do the hard work yourself. Check here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=134
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=34689
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:29 pm There are tons of other weather skins that may display more information without you having to do the hard work yourself. Check here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=134
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=34689
Indeed - which reminds me that I never requested that my suite be added to the "new weather.com" compatible list, LOL (considering it's the only suite that I know of which can handle both V2 and V3 weather.com formats, even though the V2 is clearly obsolete nowadays). But then, by now, almost all new skins are, so, I guess I didn't see it as a critical necessity. :confused:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

seanx wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:27 pm @jsmorley
@Yincognito
Thank you for the answers, they helped me with the settings :-)
I think I speak for jsmrley as well by saying that we are both glad to help. ;-)