It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:00 am

Help: Creating a change in temp weather skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
corndogDealer

Help: Creating a change in temp weather skin

Post by corndogDealer »

So i am trying to create a skin that compares the current temperature to the temp in 1hr, and if it is greater, display a little up arrow, and if it is lesser, then display a little down arrow. How would I go about doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. This is my first post, so if you need more info, or I did something wrong please let me know. Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help: Creating a change in temp weather skin

Post by SilverAzide »

Mmmm, corndogs! :givelove:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help: Creating a change in temp weather skin

Post by SilverAzide »

corndogDealer wrote: May 4th, 2021, 5:31 pm So i am trying to create a skin that compares the current temperature to the temp in 1hr, and if it is greater, display a little up arrow, and if it is lesser, then display a little down arrow. How would I go about doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. This is my first post, so if you need more info, or I did something wrong please let me know. Thanks!
This is doable, provided you have a source for your weather that includes hourly forecasts. I'm pretty sure weather.com has an API for this. If it does, then you'd just compare the current temp with the next one in the hourly forecast.

It might help to find a skin that shows hourly data, and get some clues from there on how to do it. User Xenium has a bunch of really nice weather skins, so try one of these like the Windows 10 Weather or Astro Weather skins that shows hourly forecasts.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...