It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:35 pm

Football (soccer...) skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Chiripa

Re: Football (soccer...) skin

Post by Chiripa »

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues?id=55&type=league&timeZone=America%2FCaracas

I realized that if the incomplete link is placed, it does not bring the information of the last 5 victories and the next opponent to show it in the table that link that I place is the shortest thing that will be used to bring all the information "I think"
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Chiripa wrote: April 16th, 2021, 2:51 pm https://www.fotmob.com/leagues?id=55&type=league&timeZone=America%2FCaracas

I realized that if the incomplete link is placed, it does not bring the information of the last 5 victories and the next opponent to show it in the table that link that I place is the shortest thing that will be used to bring all the information "I think"
I'm not sure if I saw those last 5 victories or the next opponent you mention when I briefly looked over the response JSONs. But then, I never really bothered with the date yet, or other parameters beside what was needed for the table + fixtures (I took the "step by step" approach). By the way, the link you mention above is missing the tab=overview part, maybe that's why you don't have eveything there?
Chiripa

Post by Chiripa »

Yincognito wrote: April 16th, 2021, 3:54 pm I'm not sure if I saw those last 5 victories or the next opponent you mention when I briefly looked over the response JSONs. But then, I never really bothered with the date yet, or other parameters beside what was needed for the table + fixtures (I took the "step by step" approach). By the way, the link you mention above is missing the tab=overview part, maybe that's why you don't have eveything there?
Actually, if I realized it, I took it away because I saw that it was not necessary, maybe it shows some data that I have not seen
heroturtle

Post by heroturtle »

Hello, I fighted with this too and changed something for my desktop, the only problem, I cant find the part of the date... I only get the table from last Season not this Season. Can anyone help me please, which file and where I need to customize?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

heroturtle wrote: August 14th, 2021, 4:37 pm Hello, I fighted with this too and changed something for my desktop, the only problem, I cant find the part of the date... I only get the table from last Season not this Season. Can anyone help me please, which file and where I need to customize?
It's been a while since I posted here, but:
- which skin are you using?
- which URL source are you using?
- how does the URL look like and what date / part of the date are you trying to get / modify?
You know, some basic info, so folks would know what you're talking about. Right now I personally have no idea what is the issue or in regards to what... :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 14th, 2021, 6:54 pm You know, some basic info, so folks would know what you're talking about. Right now I personally have no idea what is the issue or in regards to what... :confused:
After a few months I'm not surprised at all. Same here, even if your discussion and help then were much valuable then mine (well, in fact me personally did nothing compared with you).
So heroturtle, details please.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 14th, 2021, 7:20 pmAfter a few months I'm not surprised at all. Same here, even if your discussion and help then were much valuable then mine (well, in fact me personally did nothing compared with you).
Yeah, but don't be so modest, you showed folks how it's done, that should be enough - nobody should expect that you'll build an entire skin for them. ;-) The only reason I did more was because although I wouldn't necessarily use such a skin as the data is easily available online on livescore.com and such, I liked the topic and thought of going further with it, to make it navigable through leagues and all that (I liked how Chiripa's sample looked like as well).

That being said, what I did is not complete either as I decided not to pursue with fixtures and such, because doing so served no purpose or helped anyone at the time. Interestingly though, after just a couple of months my regexes don't work anymore on that source - I get roughly the same data, but they must have made some slight changes in the source format which makes the regexes fail. Not a big deal, but going all over them again to find the tiny little bit that changed and adjust to it is not on my top priorities list, as it's more of a needle in a haystack search...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 14th, 2021, 7:47 pm Interestingly though, after just a couple of months my regexes don't work anymore on that source - I get roughly the same data, but they must have made some slight changes in the source format which makes the regexes fail.
This is going on often with "online" skins (which use WebParser measure to get online data). It's not weird, nor unexpected this to happen...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 14th, 2021, 8:08 pm This is going on often with "online" skins (which use WebParser measure to get online data). It's not weird, nor unexpected this to happen...
Yeah, I know, but didn't expect it from this source. It's not a big deal anyway, it's not like I have to update the skin to make it work again. ;-)
KellenMarshall

Post by KellenMarshall »

Actually, I wish I had found that idea earlier. I’ve recently downloaded Rainmeter, so I’m just figuring out how it works, you know. Still, I’m glad there’s such a function cause I’ve always been a fan of Chelsea. Tbh, I want more people to know about this app. Maybe we should ask the editors to tell the fans about this app on https://zumroad.com/sport. This is a reliable news source, so if we tell people about Rainmeter, there will definitely be more users. Should we give it a shot, guys?
Last edited by KellenMarshall on December 29th, 2022, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.