It is currently April 30th, 2024, 1:27 pm

Auto pause Visualization unplugged while using battery and auto start when plugin to charge? Any plugin for that?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
nookcolor998

Auto pause Visualization unplugged while using battery and auto start when plugin to charge? Any plugin for that?

Post by nookcolor998 »

Rainmeter eating up my laptop battery like crazy, Is there any plugin that have the option to auto Pause visualization when unplugged and auto start visualization when plug in? like how Wallpaper engine does?
deflore08

Re: Auto pause Visualization unplugged while using battery and auto start when plugin to charge? Any plugin for that?

Post by deflore08 »

nookcolor998 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:50 am Rainmeter eating up my laptop battery like crazy, Is there any plugin that have the option to auto Pause visualization when unplugged and auto start visualization when plug in? like how Wallpaper engine does?
You can do it natively in Rainmeter, but need to dig the code a bit, and write a switcher.. We can can help you, if you have a wish to write it. Sadly, there is no just simple option like "off something, when unplugged".
Image * Image * Image * Image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Auto pause Visualization unplugged while using battery and auto start when plugin to charge? Any plugin for that?

Post by balala »

nookcolor998 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:50 am Rainmeter eating up my laptop battery like crazy, Is there any plugin that have the option to auto Pause visualization when unplugged and auto start visualization when plug in? like how Wallpaper engine does?
Beside deflore08, I'd add that I suppose by "auto Pause visualization" you mean to unload all skins when the computer is unplugged and reload them when you plug it in. Am I right?
If I am, no, there is not as described above, but I see two alternatives.
  • You can maually activate Game mode when you unplug the computer, then manaully deactivate this mode when you plug it in. The disadvantage is that you have to do this manually, there is no automatization for this. In fact Game mode has been created exactly this way, so it can't be started on certain events (like unplugging), just manually.
  • You can easilly create a skin which should always run (if you want even in background, without visible elements), which will unload Rainmeter when you unplug the computer. The disadvantage is that if you apply this solution, you won't be able to reload Rainmeter once you plug the computer in, so you'll have to manually restart it.
  • A third solution (and in my opinion this would be the best in your case) you could create two different layouts, one with a single skin which should load the second layout described below when you plug in the computer and the other with all your skins you're currently using, plus another skin which should activate the first layout when you unplug the computer.
If you don't know how to deal with the second or the last solution, let me know for assistence.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

pep just create a new instance on rainmeter with a different name. Use that set up either you ligther or heavier version/

MANUALly chnge betweem them using different LAOUTS.

the heave skin dhould be the defatulk since it would have all of the ool stuffl..

THEN ON BTTERY POLOERR JUS TOGGEL the lighter one.

iT IS A SIMPLE AS a mouse click.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

so, set up layout one - with all the memorty eating foodies.

Then !LoadLayout on a complete layout then the empty one.

LYOUTs take very little battery/rame due to the insteaneous nature of layouts.

pseodo code: make you lay out the way you wish - visualiser extx etx.,

Also have a button of both layouts that Toggles on click !Loadlayout One and Load Layout two.

Easy done.. :thumbup:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm pep just create a new instance on rainmeter with a different name.
What do you exactly mean by "new instance on rainmeter"?