But post its code as well, to can check it.
If I post the code, then in the thread which I had opened because of my SlideShow a few days ago. Because the thread here actually deals with a different topic.
Here is the link to my SlideShow ... and its problems, better said problem I have with it.
Link -> Set nested [!SetOption] problem
The X and Y options are still required, just that if you set the PreserveAspectRatio to 1 or 2, the image will be resized and aligned in a way to have it kept inside of the surface of meter.
My guess is that it's much better to set the option to PreserveAspectRatio=1, because this way you have visible the whole image.
I did so for instance in the Slideshow skin of my Mirage suite (yes, this is a self-promotion - sorry). There are 12 transition effects between the images (including the fade effect, which has been the first effect added, many years ago), however the skin is quite "hungry", it consumes a lot of resources. In fact it can't be used on slower machines (at least not the transitions, which have to be turned off).
Yes, I know your slideshow. I had seen the days here once. And because of self-promotion, do not worry, I see that not so tight. In addition, advertising for his skins make and share this but also an important part of Rainmeter or its fans and community. I see/think anyway...
And admittedly, your slideshow inspired me to do what I'm doing with my slideshow right now. Better said try to do.
It will not be quite as extensive, because I have also found, too much, also requires a lot of a PC system. And since not all have the latest Ryzen or Intel with a 3080 installed, you have to find a compromise between performance sparing and still the certain something.
For example, I notice that even on my old PC (4-core AMD A10-7850k) the load on all cores reaches 50% when the fade effect kicks in.
Not even my RGB visualizer, which has 16 bands per channel + 16 band trailing band, can do that. So strictly speaking, 32 x 2 = 64 bands plus RGB calculations, which are processed in Update=48. There I lie in operation after optimization, also thanks to "Incognito" here from the forum now at 4-6% CPU load.
But back to the slideshow ... in short, when my slideshow is finished, (also) this will probably be nothing necessarily for weak PCs. Especially since I'm planning to rework my complete suite. It won't stay with the slideshow.
But well, I'll move the topic and my problem to the link above. I post the current (problem)version of my slideshow there.
- Win11 Pro x64 (23H2 - 22631.2506)
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- Gigabyte B550i AORUS Pro AX V1.2
- Corsair Venegeance LPX 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 3200MHz @ 2933MHz
- RYZEN 5 3400G (Only Temporary)
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Samsung 980Pro 250GB (NVMe) - Windows - Drive C:
- Samsung 840 128GB - Rainmeter-Skins & Others - Drive D:
- Samsung 870 EVO 500GB - Games - Drive E:
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- Mon 1: 24" HP 24f (1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz) - Primary
- Mon 2: 22" Philips 226VL (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 1
- Mon 3: 50" Philips 50PUS7304/12 (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 2
- Corsair CX 650M Power Supply
- NZXT H210 Case
- ISP Vodafone with 1000/50 Mbit Cable Internet
The absolutly High-End Machine on 2023