It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:08 pm

How do I make a Screen Saver with Rainmeter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I make a Screen Saver with Rainmeter?

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 11th, 2020, 9:13 pm Not sure if the Process measure accepts the | delimiter in order to be able to add more process names in the option (i.e. Process=zzFirework.scr|ZZFIRE~1.scr), like in similar options from the UsageMonitor plugin... :confused:
You have just to test it to find out if it does or doesn't work.
So I did a test. Doesn't work.
You probably have to use two Process measures and sum together their value (into a Calc measure). Then you can use this Calc measure to know when the process is running.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 11th, 2020, 9:31 pm You have just to test it to find out if it does or doesn't work.
So I did a test. Doesn't work.
You probably have to use two Process measures and sum together their value (into a Calc measure). Then you can use this Calc measure to know when the process is running.
Yep. Well, at least they both work now - better than nothing. ;-)

P.S. Seeing that the Metaballs.scr screen saver worked for me using its full name but only did for you when using the 8.3 short DOS name, I think the issue is not necessarily the age of the file or stuff like that, but rather how they are written on the disk (or a permission issue?). Anyway, it's probably beside the point to investigate what looks more and more like a Windows or system issue, rather than a Rainmeter or a skin issue...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 11th, 2020, 10:02 pm Anyway, it's probably beside the point to investigate what looks more and more like a Windows or system issue, rather than a Rainmeter or a skin issue...
Right. :thumbup: