It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:11 pm

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:59 pm It seems that the issue arises only with iTunes... when I try to load the Player.ini skin trough hotkey, is not happening if I load it trough the main skin (Gruvy.ini) context menu... while iTunes its already running.
If iTunes is not running, the Player.ini skin load regularly either way (Gruvy.ini context menu or hotkey)...
I also don't have iTunes, but I'd try with other player. If you don't have anything else installed, you probably have at least Windows Media Player. Try with that one. Does the issue occurres with it?
brax64

Post by brax64 »

balala wrote: September 25th, 2020, 6:52 am I also don't have iTunes, but I'd try with other player. If you don't have anything else installed, you probably have at least Windows Media Player. Try with that one. Does the issue occurres with it?
Double check again, with WMP is not happening, The player load/unload regularly with the hotkey and the context menu command...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

brax64 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:05 am Double check again, with WMP is not happening, The player load/unload regularly with the hotkey and the context menu command...
Alright, but in this case someone else will have to help you, because as said, I have no iTunes.
brax64

Post by brax64 »

balala wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:08 am Alright, but in this case someone else will have to help you, because as said, I have no iTunes.
That's ok, thank you very much for your time anyway!
Rucha

Post by Rucha »

Hi!
Is there a way to assign hotkey (Win-F for instance) for bringing up to front ALL active skins?
Thank's!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Rucha wrote: August 7th, 2021, 1:58 pm Hi!
Is there a way to assign hotkey (Win-F for instance) for bringing up to front ALL active skins?
Thank's!
What you might want to do is assign Win-F to

"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !ZPos "2" "*"

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#ZPos

Keep in mind however, that is is NOT about bringing all the skins to the front temporarily, but will force them to the front all the time. There is no way I know of to just "give focus" to all (or any) skins so they come to the front just for that moment. So you would need some corresponding keystroke to put them back to "Normal" or "On Desktop".
Rucha

Post by Rucha »

jsmorley wrote: August 7th, 2021, 2:39 pm
Thank's for your time!
So requirements has been changed :)
Since i'm going to map pressing Win-F to run Rainmater.exe with such parameter I need a way to map to depressing Win-F to bring all the skins to background.
Any ideas? :???:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Rucha wrote: August 7th, 2021, 7:14 pm Thank's for your time!
So requirements has been changed :)
Since i'm going to map pressing Win-F to run Rainmater.exe with such parameter I need a way to map to depressing Win-F to bring all the skins to background.
Any ideas? :???:
"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !ZPos "-1" "*"
Jax

Post by Jax »

Is there a way to listen to modifier keys? Tried setting Hotkey=Shift and it doesn't work :?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT only work in combination with other keys. This is because there is no "SHIFT" key....there are 2 shift keys. Left shift and right shift.

I could probably change it to work in the way you are trying, but honestly, I haven't worked on this plugin in years...so it's unlikely I will be modifying this anytime soon.

For now, you can try a specific shift key:
HotKey=LSHIFT or HotKey=RSHIFT

-Brian