It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:58 am

Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
pul53dr1v3r

Re: Rainformer 2.9.3 AIDA64 Edition

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

NismoZ wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:59 pm On my 3 computers, 2 of them are able to search for the weather City and state, and it populates fine. The other computer does not populate anything when searching for the same thing. I have tried to enter the Log/Lat coordinates, but the skin does not update past its stock city of Belgrade, RS. Can you point me to the code in which I can manually put in my Cities location, or weather.com city code? Or is there anything else to try?
Weird. You can simply copy the Variables.inc file to the third PC or open the file, find Longitude and Latitude variable and enter values by hand.
Those are on line 210 and 211.
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: August 24th, 2020, 6:57 pm Weird. You can simply copy the Variables.inc file to the third PC or open the file, find Longitude and Latitude variable and enter values by hand.
Those are on line 210 and 211.
Thanks, that worked well. The only thing I can tell you is that I have 2 Win10 machines and 1 Server 2016 machine. Version 2.9.1 worked on Server 2016, but as soon as version 2.9.3 changed the Weather.com long code input to the coordinates input or search, it didn't work with 2016.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

NismoZ wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:12 pm Thanks, that worked well. The only thing I can tell you is that I have 2 Win10 machines and 1 Server 2016 machine. Version 2.9.1 worked on Server 2016, but as soon as version 2.9.3 changed the Weather.com long code input to the coordinates input or search, it didn't work with 2016.
Hm, if i have the System i'd put it to the test probably. But for the time being i don't.
Do the others things in the Settings work well such as color change and option that require user inputs (opacity, scale etc.)?
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:19 pm Hm, if i have the System i'd put it to the test probably. But for the time being i don't.
Do the others things in the Settings work well such as color change and option that require user inputs (opacity, scale etc.)?
On the general settings, corner sharpness changes the rest of the skins, but not the weather skin. On the Skins 3 tab, unchecking pressure, humidity all work. Switching from Metric to imperial works.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

NismoZ wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:29 pm On the general settings, corner sharpness changes the rest of the skins, but not the weather skin. On the Skins 3 tab, unchecking pressure, humidity all work. Switching from Metric to imperial works.
the weather skin has to be refreshed separately, by a middle mouse button click on it or by pressing the APPLY buttun in the settings. i did it on purpose from the beginning in order to avoid refreshing the skin quickly that can cause Rainmeter crash or a user can be banned from weather.com but with api.weather.com that prevention could be removed. Will see what's the best solution.
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:38 pm the weather skin has to be refreshed separately, by a middle mouse button click on it or by pressing the APPLY buttun in the settings. i did it on purpose from the beginning in order to avoid refreshing the skin quickly that can cause Rainmeter crash or a user can be banned from weather.com but with api.weather.com that prevention could be removed. Will see what's the best solution.
Thanks for the explain, the corner size did change after refresh specifically on weather skin.
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

Weather.com skin is freaking out again across multiple machines of mine. Any help would be appreciated. And can someone explain why the weather.com communications link keeps doing this every few months? Surly weather.com has a better way and know that people are using their communications link for 3rd party apps like this one.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

NismoZ wrote: September 17th, 2020, 1:38 pm Weather.com skin is freaking out again across multiple machines of mine. Any help would be appreciated. And can someone explain why the weather.com communications link keeps doing this every few months? Surly weather.com has a better way and know that people are using their communications link for 3rd party apps like this one.
This skin is working fine for me, as are all my weather.com skins. You might try restarting Rainmeter to see if that fixes the issue for you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:01 pm This skin is working fine for me, as are all my weather.com skins. You might try restarting Rainmeter to see if that fixes the issue for you.
Works for me as well, but a few hours ago a similar problem has been reported. Restarting Rainmeter fixed it.
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

Thank you, seems like it worked more than just a skin refresh.