It is currently September 21st, 2024, 2:53 am

⭐ Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:05 pm Feels to me that the problem is not with the "short" day name based on the Observation timestamp, that is correct. It is the "long" day name, which is passed as-is in the data. But if we start replacing that with a calculation, then we presumably have to do that with a lot of things, including the "part" data, like "Today" and "Tonight".
Right, and it just cascades from there, since the sunrise/set and moonrise/set values based on "today" too, so that's kind of a difficult way to go.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Hence why I learned to live with it, when I first saw this behavior ... :D
It's not just the amount of data that is connected to this, but also the way weather.com sees these things, which is more or less an enigma for most (if not all) of us.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
JamX

Post by JamX »

is there an explanation why the windspeed in the parser result is different then the windspeed displayed on the desktop site of weather.com for my location (landgraaf, Netherlands)?
With the parser I get 9km/h and on the site it is 14km/h ??
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

JamX wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:55 pm is there an explanation why the windspeed in the parser result is different then the windspeed displayed on the desktop site of weather.com for my location (landgraaf, Netherlands)?
With the parser I get 9km/h and on the site it is 14km/h ??
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35405&start=10#p177948
JamX

Post by JamX »

Excellent pul53! Indeed I had en-GB as language setting. after changing it to en-CA all is OK
:thumbup:
EeK

Post by EeK »

EeK wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:54 am Hey, y'all. I need some help updating my weather skin.

I use a heavily modified version of SysDash, hacking together a bunch of code from forums (including the previous weather "fix") and editing it myself, to my taste. Basically, it displays the current weather and a forecast for the next few days, using custom icons. It currently looks like this (broken):

The weather portion of the skin includes three .ini files:

Weather.ini
Weather_Forecast.ini
WeatherMOD.ini

Under @Resources, there are five .inc files (aside from Base.ini and Variables.ini):

WeatherCom36Hours.inc
WeatherComCurrent.inc
WeatherComForecast.inc
WeatherComRegExp.inc
WeatherComVariables.inc

Everything is already configured with the correct location ID and whatnot. How do I go on about modifying only the necessary portion in order to make the skin fetch the updated weather info?
Any ideas, guys? I can share the code if you want to have a look. Just need to know which files are actually useful in order to implement the fix.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

EeK wrote: June 8th, 2020, 2:28 pm Any ideas, guys? I can share the code if you want to have a look. Just need to know which files are actually useful in order to implement the fix.
If you can .zip up the entire skin folder and attach it here, we can take a look at getting it working.
EeK

Post by EeK »

jsmorley wrote: June 8th, 2020, 2:31 pm If you can .zip up the entire skin folder and attach it here, we can take a look at getting it working.
Brilliant! Thank you so much.

For the weather portion, I actually combined two different skins into one: SysDash (which, itself, has a bunch of modules) and MiniWeather.

The code is a mess, mainly because I'm absolutely not a coder, and also because I only use the day/time, GPU/CPU temps, recycle bin and weather modules. I didn't even mess with the music player, etc. Also, the colors are muted on purpose, as I use an OLED TV as my monitor, and try to avoid bright colors (even if they're white) to prevent OLED degradation and burn-in.

Edit: Forgot to say that there are three weather variants. I'm using the "Weather_Forecast" one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EeK on June 8th, 2020, 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

EeK wrote: June 8th, 2020, 2:41 pm Brilliant! Thank you so much.

For the weather portion, I actually combined two different skins into one: SysDash (which, itself, has a bunch of modules) and MiniWeather.

The code is a mess, mainly because I'm absolutely not a coder, and also because I only use the day/time, GPU/CPU temps, recycle bin and weather modules. I didn't even mess with the music player, etc. Also, the colors are muted on purposed, as I use an OLED TV as my monitor, and try to avoid bright colors (even if they're white) to prevent OLED degradation and burn-in.
I'll take a look at the weather and get back to you.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Which weather skin .ini do you use?