It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:56 am

Pokedex

Skins with graphics and animations
Wumbo

Pokedex

Post by Wumbo »

Made a pokedex using pokeApi and pokemon font/assests found online! Needs some TLC but a solid start! let me know what you think!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Pokedex

Post by balala »

Wumbo wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:16 pm let me know what you think!
We think nothing, as there is no link of the created skin. Only an image is posted.
Wumbo

Post by Wumbo »

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

What would be the best way to share the skin?
Post the code here?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Wumbo wrote: May 31st, 2020, 7:48 pm What would be the best way to share the skin?
Post the code here?
No, especially that it seems to me that your skin uses some resources (probably at least some images), which can't be posted if you post the code. Instead create a skin installer and upload here the package (if it's not too big), or upload it to DeviantArt and post here the link (if it's larger).
Wumbo

Post by Wumbo »

Ok, thank you!

Attached should be the rmskin!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wumbo

Post by Wumbo »

I Noticed that after updating rainmeter that part of the parsed text was in the incorrect language. Could be Rainmeter or the api :???:

if this happens to you change the MeasureDescription meter section to the code below (Lines 72-78 in the PokeDex.ini file, specifically the RegExp Line 75)

Code: Select all

[MeasureDescription]
Measure=WebParser
URL=https://pokeapi.co/api/v2/pokemon-species/[&MeasureRand]
RegExp=(?siU)language":{"name":"it"(.*)"version.*version/2./"}},{"flavor_text":"(.*)",".*language/8/"}},{"genus":"(.*)","
UpdateRate=300
DynamicVariables=1
FinishAction=[!Update] [!Update]
Last edited by balala on June 5th, 2020, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Wumbo wrote: June 4th, 2020, 11:30 pm I Noticed that after updating rainmeter that part of the parsed text was in the incorrect language. Could be Rainmeter or the api :???:

if this happens to you change the MeasureDescription meter section to the code below (Lines 72-78 in the PokeDex.ini file, specifically the RegExp Line 75)
Is there any reason to use a double [!Update] bang into the FinishAction option? I don't see any...
Wumbo

Post by Wumbo »

balala wrote: June 5th, 2020, 7:26 am Is there any reason to use a double [!Update] bang into the FinishAction option? I don't see any...
It isn't neccessary! It just allows for a smoother transition when updating.

It ensures that the text box scales to the adjusted position before displaying the description text in it.

Otherwise the updated description text will show for a second/briefly on top of the unscaled text box before it scales to the correct size.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Wumbo wrote: June 6th, 2020, 12:45 am It isn't neccessary! It just allows for a smoother transition when updating.

It ensures that the text box scales to the adjusted position before displaying the description text in it.

Otherwise the updated description text will show for a second/briefly on top of the unscaled text box before it scales to the correct size.
Alright. Although I didn't try it, I still doubt it is useful. But as said, didn't try...
Wumbo

Post by Wumbo »

So I have put in a decent amount of work on the pokedex since I last reposted it...so let me list what is new......

- You can now select the pokedex number and change it to another pokemon

- Pokemon Types are now reflected in the top left (Clicking the icon picks a new pokemon randomly)

- Themes have been added and can be toggled using the smaller buttons at the top of various colors

- The d-pad can be used to increment and decrement the pokedex

- Shiny sprites have been included and can be toggled by clicking the pokemon sprite

To-do: I plan on adding a few more themes and cleaning up some of the ini code... let me know if you have any suggestions!

Here is the new rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.