It is currently March 19th, 2024, 11:16 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

Uses the JSON API data from http://weather.com to return weather information for Current, Today/Tonight, and Tomorrow.

NOTE: This version corrects the @Include files to reflect the new V3 version of the JSON code.

Weather.com_January 11, 2022.rmskin
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 3616 times

1.jpg

Right-click the skin to see how to configure the Location Code and other attributes.

2.jpg
3.jpg

Use "Choose Location" to search for and set the Location Latitude and Longitude desired.

Simply search for and find your location, and click on the Latitude and Longitude to set them and refresh the Weather.com skin.

Note: You can click the Location Name (Fort Hunt in this example) to find the location on Google Maps, to confirm your choice.

Use "Edit Weather Variables" to set the language code (i.e. en-US) to return the values and units of measure from weather.com in.

Use "Edit Translation Variables" to set the "labels" used in the skin to your language.

Use "Edit General Variables" to set fonts and colors for the skin.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

Updated the skin to better handle some translations.

The Observation Date Month/Day are now automatically translated based on the value you set in #Language# (i.e. en-US)
This is a minor change to WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc.

You can now define translations for the labels used in the skin Context Menus.
Right-Click and select "Edit Translation Variables" to set these.

Also, replaced the "alert" .ico files with more distinct and higher quality .png files.

Alert levels are: 4 (info) Green | 3 (low) Gold | 2 (medium) Orange | 1 (high) Red

New .rmskin in the first post of this thread.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

jsmorley wrote: March 9th, 2020, 2:39 pm
I'm new to RainMeter and really like your widget.

Can we only use ONE of the same widget at a time?
Last edited by TheRealDjElite on April 20th, 2020, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

dvo wrote: April 20th, 2020, 8:46 pm no you can add more skins @ one time to many will make rainmeter slow and can crash
my advice is don't use to many :D
How do I get to have multiple Weather.com widgets running at the same time? Every time I try to get another Weather.com going, the 1st one disappears.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

dvo wrote: April 20th, 2020, 8:55 pm easy just copy paste the folder and rename it to something else you can find the folder @ C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
and if you want have it in the same folder just create a folder in that folder and put the ini in a new folder
otherwise he will switch between the ini files in the same folder and that is what you didn't want...
BRILLIANT! I sat here looking at your post for a few seconds in disbelief of my ignorance because I couldn't believe that I was overthinking for a solution. LOL! Thank you!
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

jsmorley wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 7:56 pm
Is it possible for me to config the city name to be displayed on the widget?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TheRealDjElite wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:39 pm Is it possible for me to config the city name to be displayed on the widget?
Just right-click it. The name is at the top.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

jsmorley wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm Just right-click it. The name is at the top.
I'm assuming that's a no then. I'd prefer seeing the name on the widget without having to right-click it. I'm running multiple weather.com widgets.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TheRealDjElite wrote: April 21st, 2020, 11:17 pm I'm assuming that's a no then. I'd prefer seeing the name on the widget without having to right-click it. I'm running multiple weather.com widgets.
It's not a no. Feel free to change the skin any way you like. The values for the location name are in [@LocationName], [@LocationAdminDistrict], [@LocationCountry].

Just add a meter someplace you like and display those values. I don't see a good place it fits in the current design, so you might have to do some work on that.

If you are asking me to customize the skin for you, then yeah, the answer is no.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

jsmorley wrote: April 21st, 2020, 11:53 pm It's not a no. Feel free to change the skin any way you like. The values for the location name are in [@LocationName], [@LocationAdminDistrict], [@LocationCountry].

Just add a meter someplace you like and display those values. I don't see a good place it fits in the current design, so you might have to do some work on that.

If you are asking me to customize the skin for you, then yeah, the answer is no.
Nope. It was never my intent to ask you to do something special for me.

As my OP states "Is it possible for *me* to config the city name to be displayed on the widget?"

Thanks for the insight and work tho.