It is currently June 17th, 2024, 9:16 am

Scrolling text

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Scrolling text

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:18 pm I tried this out but I can't seem to get the artist or music name to show up at all, I tried messing with the Container but I can't seem to get it to show up at all, the settings on the side do seem to work and so do the play, pause, and next buttons with Itunes...
Make sure the played song has MP3 tags present. If it doesn't it won't display any title or artist. Also, what player are you using?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:52 pm Also, what player are you using?
He is using iTunes:
Crash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:18 pm with Itunes...
Although iTunes is not completely supported, the title and the artist are returned and he had these before applying my last code.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:58 pm He is using iTunes
Yeah, I saw that he was mentioning iTunes, I just thought that he was using it as an alternative player (in which he managed to make
Crash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:18 pmthe play, pause, and next buttons
work). Must have misunderstood the meaning of the mention - my bad.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Ahh I found the issue, it's just not setup with using the "Now playing" alligned to the right(Which I can probably setup myself) Overall this looks pretty good imo, but sometimes it seems to make a "Jump" rather than hiding or removing each character, huge thanks btw sorry for any trouble I may have caused at the beginning
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Crash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 10:10 pm but sometimes it seems to make a "Jump" rather than hiding or removing each character,
Well, I think that's a much harder thing. For now yes, when the scrolling arrives to the end of the artist / title it jumps. Yet I have no idea how to make that "hiding or removing each character". Will try it, let's see...
Crash wrote: April 5th, 2020, 10:10 pm sorry for any trouble I may have caused at the beginning
No trouble at all, don't worry.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Code: Select all

[Variables]
ContainerWidth=169
TextWidth=0
ScrollingStep=10
SlidingStep=1
CurrentStep=(#SlidingStep#)
SlidingUpdate=24
EatCharUpdate=150
Text="SOUL'd OUT - ALIVE"

[Rainmeter]
AccurateText=1
Update=#SlidingUpdate#

---Measures---

[MeasureEatChars]
Disabled=1
Measure=String
String=""
UpdateDivider=(#EatCharUpdate#/#SlidingUpdate#)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^.{1}(.*)$":"\1","^\\1$":""
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text ""][!UpdateMeter "MeterText"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureEatChars"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureEatChars"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption MeasureEatChars String "[MeasureEatChars]"][!SetOption MeterText Text "[MeasureEatChars]"][!UpdateMeter "MeterText"]
IfMatchMode=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureCounter]
Group=CounterGroup
Disabled=1
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureCounter<0)?(#ContainerWidth#):((MeasureCounter>=(#TextWidth#))?(#TextWidth#):(MeasureCounter+#CurrentStep#)))
OnUpdateAction=[!SetOption MeterText X (#ContainerWidth#-[MeasureCounter])][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfCondition=(MeasureCounter<0)
IfTrueAction=[!UpdateMeter *][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"]
IfCondition2=(MeasureCounter>=(#TextWidth#)) && (#TextWidth#<>0)
IfTrueAction2=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureEatChars"]
IfConditionMode=1
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,169,13 | StrokeWidth 0.5 | Stroke Color 255,64,32 | Fill Color 32,32,32,128
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeterContainer]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,169,13 | Fill Color 0,0,0,255 | StrokeWidth 0
UpdateDivider=-1
MouseOverAction=[!PauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable CurrentStep (-#ScrollingStep#)][!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!PauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!SetVariable CurrentStep (#SlidingStep#)]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable CurrentStep (#ScrollingStep#)][!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!PauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!SetVariable CurrentStep (#SlidingStep#)]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureEatChars"][!SetOption MeasureEatChars String "#Text#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureEatChars"][!SetOption MeterText Text "#Text#"][!UpdateMeter "MeterText"][!UnpauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureCounter"][!PauseMeasure "MeasureCounter"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterText]
Meter=String
Container=MeterContainer
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=7
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,255
StringEffect=Shadow
Antialias=1
ClipString=0
X=(#ContainerWidth#)
Y=0
Text=#Text#
UpdateDivider=-1
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable TextWidth [MeterText:W]]
DynamicVariables=1
The effect Yincognito posted before works pretty well, my issue was just getting it to not snap to the left side of the screen, since I was unsure what made it jump over to the left side of the screen when moused over
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 6th, 2020, 7:19 am Well, I think that's a much harder thing. For now yes, when the scrolling arrives to the end of the artist / title it jumps. Yet I have no idea how to make that "hiding or removing each character". Will try it, let's see...
Not necessarily.
Crash is right:
Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 11:01 am[MeasureEatChars]
Disabled=1
Measure=String
String=""
UpdateDivider=(#EatCharUpdate#/#SlidingUpdate#)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^.{1}(.*)$":"\1","^\\1$":""
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text ""][!UpdateMeter "MeterText"][!DisableMeasure "MeasureEatChars"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureEatChars"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption MeasureEatChars String "[MeasureEatChars]"][!SetOption MeterText Text "[MeasureEatChars]"][!UpdateMeter "MeterText"]
IfMatchMode=1
DynamicVariables=1
This (initially disabled) measure is doing the job, basically "eating" the first character from itself (since it's a String measure, and the initial value of its String option is the #Text# variable). Then, it updates the (previously scrolled) meter text every 150 ms until its string value is empty (""). The scrolling process (which happens in this case in the Counter measure, but is obviously another measure in your case) never stops actually, it's just that after scrolling out of the viewport (i.e. container or such), it continues to "scroll" on the same position as before while "eating out" character after character. In the end, it will become the empty string "scrolling" on the same position.

I guess the Substitute can be simplified to not use captures, by setting it to "^.":"". Didn't thought to do that at the time of writing. Also, aligning the string to the right (this requires some changes in formulas, I think) can help in keeping making the text being "eaten" much more stable in terms of positioning (as it is right now, it looks like slightly moving to the left/right by 1px or so, while it's repositioning itself in the process).

I can try to do add it as well (working on your version of the code, obviously), if it helps...
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 3:37 pm Not necessarily.
Crash is right:

This (initially disabled) measure is doing the job, basically "eating" the first character from itself (since it's a String measure, and the initial value of its String option is the #Text# variable). Then, it updates the (previously scrolled) meter text every 150 ms until its string value is empty (""). The scrolling process (which happens in this case in the Counter measure, but is obviously another measure in your case) never stops actually, it's just that after scrolling out of the viewport (i.e. container or such), it continues to "scroll" on the same position as before while "eating out" character after character. In the end, it will become the empty string "scrolling" on the same position.

I guess the Substitute can be simplified to not use captures, by setting it to "^.":"". Didn't thought to do that at the time of writing. Also, aligning the string to the right (this requires some changes in formulas, I think) can help in keeping making the text being "eaten" much more stable in terms of positioning (as it is right now, it looks like slightly moving to the left/right by 1px or so, while it's repositioning itself in the process).

I can try to do add it as well (working on your version of the code, obviously), if it helps...
That would be very helpfull, I don't mind manually editing the stuff over to the right side btw, since I don't intend to keep the settings tab really, no use once this is all setup. The way it gets "eaten" looks fine to me and is relativley smooth, I gather that using the method balala had with the bounding box that has the with of 300 to keep it from going too far would work fine aswell
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 3:54 pm That would be very helpfull, I don't mind manually editing the stuff over to the right side btw, since I don't intend to keep the settings tab really, no use once this is all setup. The way it gets "eaten" looks fine to me and is relativley smooth, I gather that using the method balala had with the bounding box that has the with of 300 to keep it from going too far would work fine aswell
So you're currently using this version, right?
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm So you're currently using this version, right?
Yes