It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:38 pm

Rainmeter is altering icons and windows snap on other screen?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
bennxiii

Rainmeter is altering icons and windows snap on other screen?

Post by bennxiii »

Hi

So I have a small 5inch screen for my rainmeter skin displaying the usual monitoring information that I will display in my case. This is a 2nd monitor.

I have sorted all the skins out and they all function and look perfect and stay where they are supposed to.

The problem I have is my main primary screen is altered. The desktop icons move to the right about 2inches and when I try to maximise a window such as mozilla Firefox it will leave the same gap on the left.

The task bar is fine and reaches entire the width of the screen and functions as it should. But I cannot puss icons within the space or maximise or snap a window to the left edge without it leaving the gap.

I can re select the same resolution and this fixes the issue but as soon as I re start or alter anything in rainmeter it re appears.

Any ideas?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter is altering icons and windows snap on other screen?

Post by jsmorley »

I think you need to see if one or more of your skins have a DesktopWorkArea defined in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin(s).

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/rainmeter-section/#DesktopWorkArea

That is really the only way that Rainmeter can have any impact on where icons are positioned or how maximizing any application is altered in Windows.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

jsmorley wrote: January 28th, 2020, 1:57 pmDesktopWorkArea defined in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin(s).
That... uhhh sounds impossible.

But yes, it might be the culprit, skins like Droptop (4) have special executables that change the work area (remember this post?) to whatever the skin maker set
bennxiii

Post by bennxiii »

Thanks for the reply guys I'm really new to all this so I'm pretty much having a crash course.

Anyway the problem oddly vanished after I deleted all my skins and restarted them all from fresh and re edited them.

I think i must have edited the skins a bit to much and messed something up.

I have now both screens one with skins all sorted and can maximizer windows on othe screen with no issues :great: