It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:22 pm

Rainmeter Opens for a few seconds then closes on startup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
__Kore__

Rainmeter Opens for a few seconds then closes on startup

Post by __Kore__ »

First, this might be on wrong page channel thing sorry.

So Its been a couple days since I started using rainmeter. I restarted my PC and then rainmeter opened on startup like normal. But after a coupld seconds it closed. I opened rainmeter again and the exact same thing happened, anyone knows how to fix this?
mak_kawa

Re: Rainmeter Opens for a few seconds then closes on startup

Post by mak_kawa »

It seems to be a difficult situation.

But what to do is... Open C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini using text editor. And edit Active=1 to Active=0 in all section. Then launch Rainmeter, all skin is not shown up. In the Manage Rainmeter dialog, load a skin one by one. When the issue occurs on/after loading, that skin is problematic. Stop using the skin or modify the problematic part of the skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: December 17th, 2019, 2:26 am It seems to be a difficult situation.
No, it's not at all. One previously loaded, then probably modified code is causing this, as you figured out yourself as well. It probably has something which does this, in many cases an infinite loop or something like this.
mak_kawa wrote: December 17th, 2019, 2:26 am Open C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini using text editor. And edit Active=1 to Active=0 in all section. Then launch Rainmeter, all skin is not shown up.
A probably easier solution is to completely close Rainmeter, then remove the mentioned C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini file. If you start Rainmeter after this, the default illustro skin are loaded. Following use mak_kawa description on what to do:
mak_kawa wrote: December 17th, 2019, 2:26 am In the Manage Rainmeter dialog, load a skin one by one. When the issue occurs on/after loading, that skin is problematic. Stop using the skin or modify the problematic part of the skin.
Just mentioning that you have to load the previously already loaded skins one by one, and at certain point one of the loaded skins crashes Rainmeter. Just take care to wait a few moments / minutes after loading a skin, to make sure there are no problems. When Rainmeter crashes, the last loaded skin is guilty.
If you figured out which is this skin, please come back with a name and a link. We'll take a look to see what's going on, what is causing this problem.
__Kore__

Post by __Kore__ »

I've deleted the rainmeter.ini file. BUT the normal skins arent loaded i dont know why all my previous skins i had before were loaded
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

__Kore__ wrote: December 18th, 2019, 8:53 pm I've deleted the rainmeter.ini file. BUT the normal skins arent loaded i dont know why all my previous skins i had before were loaded
What is loaded? Is anything?
__Kore__

Post by __Kore__ »

All my previous skins included

L!M!T clock and date
Honey comb buttons for
- Discord
- Chrome
- Spotify
- VLC
- Roblox
- Youtube
- Epic Games Launcher
- Minecraft
- Recycle bin
- Fortnite
- Twitch
- Steam
- Note pad
BUT my skin fountain of colours disapeared even tho it said its loaded, I think it was the problem hence why its not visible, As all mu skins beside fountain of colours work and are showing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

__Kore__ wrote: December 18th, 2019, 9:10 pm All my previous skins included

L!M!T clock and date
Honey comb buttons for
- Discord
- Chrome
- Spotify
- VLC
- Roblox
- Youtube
- Epic Games Launcher
- Minecraft
- Recycle bin
- Fortnite
- Twitch
- Steam
- Note pad
If all these skins are loaded, it means you removed not the proper file.
But now Rainmeter doesn't crash anymore?