It is currently April 30th, 2024, 4:18 pm

How do I do these things in Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ethan404

How do I do these things in Rainmeter?

Post by Ethan404 »

Okay, so there are multiple things I want to do in my new skin.
I have done a simple clock with an image, but I want to make it more advanced... and I would appreciate some help... ^^;;

So, the clock will be in the corner and when you click on the image, it will bring up a fullscreen sort of menu? in the middle of the screen that will give options to load certain applications and power off the laptop/put it into sleep and etc

Is there a way to do that? If so how?
And how would I customize the look of it? I would like to have a big power button in the middle of the menu and things like that.

Anything is appreciated, thank you ^^
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I do these things in Rainmeter?

Post by balala »

Ethan404 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:39 pm Okay, so there are multiple things I want to do in my new skin.
Let's go step by step through all this.
First please pack the whole config you have so far and upload it here (the code probably is not enough, because we'd need the image as well). Then we'll see...
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi Ethan
So I guess you are a beginner in Rainmeter...

What always helps to learn is to find other skin suites that have similar features as your goal project. Download them and make a copy of the rmskin package, rename one of them as a .zip instead of .rmskin.

Look at the code then check out the Rainmeter Manual, start deleting features you are not interested in.

When the code is as short and simple as you can get it to be, whilst still functioning in Rainmeter, read through the code and see what you want to change or make your own idea out of.

That is the best way i can think of (since I still use it) to learn how to implement the features you wish to emulate.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: September 20th, 2019, 4:56 pm What always helps to learn is to find other skin suites that have similar features as your goal project. Download them and make a copy of the rmskin package, rename one of them as a .zip instead of .rmskin.
:17denial
Take care this might be a very dangerous approach, especially for a beginner. Although approachable, however this might cause issues.
What if the package, beside the config itself contains layout(s) and / or plugins? What a beginner or average user does with them? Not sure this is a desirable approach.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: September 20th, 2019, 5:25 pm :17denial
Take care this might be a very dangerous approach, especially for a beginner. Although approachable, however this might cause issues.
What if the package, beside the config itself contains layout(s) and / or plugins? What a beginner or average user does with them? Not sure this is a desirable approach.
one will never learn to swim without getting their feet wet. :thumbup:

but ya, someone with no coding experience may struggle with that approach - but asking for help to design a skin from scratch is also not good practice on the forums. :rosegift:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: September 20th, 2019, 8:48 pm but asking for help to design a skin from scratch is also not good practice on the forums. :rosegift:
I think asking for help to create it is in fact a very good practice. In fact this is the idea of this forum. What isn't a good practice and in fact is even not accepted, is to ask someone to create it.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: September 20th, 2019, 8:59 pm I think asking for help to create it is in fact a very good practice. In fact this is the idea of this forum. What isn't a good practice and in fact is even not accepted, is to ask someone to create it.
Sometimes I am not being accurate, that is what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :oops:
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: September 28th, 2019, 11:21 pm Sometimes I am not being accurate, that is what I meant.