It is currently April 30th, 2024, 1:12 pm

Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ao Nuu Shin

Re: Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:02 pm Totally agree with balala. [MT_Launcher_Button] and [MT_Launcher] seem to have duplicate options trying to achieve the same thing, and some of the code in [MT_Launcher] is redundant. Like I said, there's no point in having Button meter options in a String meter, so you can safely delete the ButtonImage= and ButtonCommand= options from the [MT_Launcher] meter, while also moving the bangs from the MouseOverAction=, LeftMouseDownAction= and LeftMouseUpAction= options of [MT_Launcher] at the end of the [MT_Launcher_Button] corresponding options. That is, of course, if you want the skin to react on clicking on the image, and not the text. If you want to react to clicking on the text (e.g. if you want to have, say, different texts that can be reacted to on the image), just move the bangs from those 3 options above from [MT_Launcher_Button] to [MT_Launcher].

Anyway, just like balala said, I think it would be better to have our say once the whole contents of the skin (including the images you referred to) is available to us.

EDIT: If you need to have the "button(s)" resizable - that "Ultrabar" image leads me to think that you have a "status bar"-like image that you want to stretch on the width of the screen - you should use Image meters, that can be resized, scaled, etc. Of course, you would need to have a bang in each of the MouseOverAction=, LeftMouseUp= and LeftMouseDown= options that changes that image to a "hovered" one, a "pressed" one and a "released"/"normal" one, since the Image meter doesn't handle the visual effects of the pressed state automatically, like a Button meter would do.
Hey, thanks for answering, both of you are amazing, seriously. I quoted the answer with the skin in Balala's comment, you should be able to see the skin and check the launcher2 , this is the one I have been experimenting with.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 8:12 pm Alright, that makes sense, I will try to follow your advice, and I will also upload what I am struggling with so far to give you a better idea, because you're right, it's one thing to say it and another to actually show.

It's the Launcher2.
Ok, I get it. But now the question is what would you like to do with it (yep, I know you've wrote this here, but to be honest, I'm a bit lazy to read again the whole topic, so please give us a few details again - thanks).
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: February 18th, 2019, 8:32 pm Ok, I get it. But now the question is what would you like to do with it (yep, I know you've wrote this here, but to be honest, I'm a bit lazy to read again the whole topic, so please give us a few details again - thanks).
Oh, there's no problem. Well, in a brief word :

I want to make my image resized and replace it with the current launcher string padder/icon with my image instead. If you check on it, it is already functionable.
I also want to make it have the sound effect from the string padder/icon thing.

I think the sound effect I can make it work on my own, probably, what I am really having a big problem with is that my button looks too huge and out of place. I have the image thing working but it completely changes it to the three images I have put to make this one, so I took out that code. < Don't worry about that, I am just explaining. The issue remains the same.

Sorry for bothering you with this...I know you must be tired reading every time texts from me haha
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 9:38 pmI want to make my image resized and replace it with the current launcher string padder/icon with my image instead. If you check on it, it is already functionable.I have the image thing working but it completely changes it to the three images I have put to make this one, so I took out that code.
You just can't resize a button, unless you use images instead of that button. With this clear, make up your choice - either:
- if you need certain button dimensions (i.e. W and H), post them here, so I can edit/"shrink" ultrabar.png accordingly OR
- if you need the thing resizable, let me know so that I can split the ultrabar into 3 parts/images (that will behave exactly like a button in the skin, with a few extra bangs, and of course will be resizable through W and H) ... unless I understood correctly what you said about already doing that in the past, before changing to the button method instead.

NOTE: You don't necessarily have to leave "gaps" between the 3 button state images in ultrabar.png, unless you have a good reason to do it (e.g. a shadow on the button, making some pixels near the button reactive to mouse clicks, etc).
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 9:38 pmI also want to make it have the sound effect from the string padder/icon thing.
I already answered you on this, when I told you to move those bangs from [MT_Launcher] to [MT_Launcher_Button] in my previous reply... But yeah, this is easy to do.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:35 pm You just can't resize a button, unless you use images instead of that button. With this clear, make up your choice - either:
- if you need certain button dimensions (i.e. W and H), post them here, so I can edit/"shrink" ultrabar.png accordingly OR
- if you need the thing resizable, let me know so that I can split the ultrabar into 3 parts/images (that will behave exactly like a button in the skin, with a few extra bangs, and of course will be resizable through W and H) ... unless I understood correctly what you said about already doing that in the past, before changing to the button method instead.

NOTE: You don't necessarily have to leave "gaps" between the 3 button state images in ultrabar.png, unless you have a good reason to do it (e.g. a shadow on the button, making some pixels near the button reactive to mouse clicks, etc).

I already answered you on this, when I told you to move those bangs from [MT_Launcher] to [MT_Launcher_Button] in my previous reply... But yeah, this is easy to do.
Uhh...I think it would be nice to follow the second option, would be good to be able to adjust it. So, resizable, but if this is way too hard or complicated, we could try the first option instead with a fixed size. It could be like the same exact size as the string's launcher icon.

I think I am lost on that, but I will try to re-read your previous reply, then. I am sure you did explained it to me, maybe I didn't read it properly and flew out of my view. Sorry about that, I'll go check and try to fix that...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:33 pm Uhh...I think it would be nice to follow the second option, would be good to be able to adjust it. So, resizable, but if this is way too hard or complicated, we could try the first option instead with a fixed size. It could be like the same exact size as the string's launcher icon.

I think I am lost on that, but I will try to re-read your previous reply, then. I am sure you did explained it to me, maybe I didn't read it properly and flew out of my view. Sorry about that, I'll go check and try to fix that...
I'm in the process of making the first option work. When it will be done, it will be very easy to "turn" the button into an image. Basically, if the first option works, so will the second, after the relatively minor modifications are written. Don't bother re-reading things, you won't need it, as things will work out without you doing anything. But of course, if you want to understand things, then you should re-read it until you get it... ;-)
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:41 pm I'm in the process of making the first option work. When it will be done, it will be very easy to "turn" the button into an image. Basically, if the first option works, so will the second, after the relatively minor modifications are written. Don't bother re-reading things, you won't need it, as things will work out without you doing anything. But of course, if you want to understand things, then you should re-read it until you get it... ;-)
You're right here, and I understand your view, it is true. I am sorry again for bothering you, guys...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ok, so here is the modified stuff for the button method (aka the first option) - replace your corresponding files with the ones here (but you could backup your current files if you think you might need them again):

Launcher2.ini (you had some mistakes here, like PlayStop and Play being written with a ! preceding them):

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
;========================================================================
[Variables]
[MT_Launcher_Button]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#@#Images\Ultrabar.png
ButtonCommand=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OVER state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw][PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Hover.wav"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OFF state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse DOWN state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw][PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Click.wav"]
X=0
Y=0
[MT_Launcher_Text]
Meter=String
StringAlign=CenterCenter
FontFace=Consolas
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
X=([MT_Launcher_Button:X]+([MT_Launcher_Button:W]/2))
Y=([MT_Launcher_Button:Y]+([MT_Launcher_Button:H]/2))
W=[MT_Launcher_Button:W]
H=[MT_Launcher_Button:H]
Text="Launcher"
[MT_LauncherItem1]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=([MT_Launcher_Button:Y]+[MT_Launcher_Button:H]+5)
AntiAlias=1
Text="Documents"
MouseOverAction=[PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Hover.wav"]
LeftMouseDownAction=[PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Click.wav"]
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Documents"]
[MT_LauncherItem2]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Photos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Pictures"]
[MT_LauncherItem3]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Music"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Music"]
[MT_LauncherItem4]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Videos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Videos"]
[MT_LauncherItem5]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Notepad"
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
Ultrabar.png (again some mistakes made by you here, like the last button state image being 5px narrower than the images of the other 2 states, or letting those gaps between the button state images):
Ultrabar.png
Now all it has to be done is horizontally splitting Ultrabar.png in 3 and add those bangs to change the image on hover, press and release. It will most likely be easily done, but it's late night where I live and will let this for tomorrow, if it's not to late for your girlfriend's birthday...

Note: Thinking about it, since the "button" is not that complex visually, things could be very well be achieved by setting the SolidColor of the string meters in order to achieve a relatively similar appearance - the way I've done with the [MT_LauncherItemN] meters. Just saying...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 19th, 2019, 1:10 am Ok, so here is the modified stuff for the button method (aka the first option) - replace your corresponding files with the ones here (but you could backup your current files if you think you might need them again):

Launcher2.ini (you had some mistakes here, like PlayStop and Play being written with a ! preceding them):

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
[Variables]
[MT_Launcher_Button]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#@#Images\Ultrabar.png
ButtonCommand=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OVER state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw][PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Hover.wav"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OFF state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse DOWN state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw][PlayStop][Play "#@#Sounds\Click.wav"]
X=0
Y=0
[MT_Launcher_Text]
Meter=String
StringAlign=CenterCenter
FontFace=Consolas
AntiAlias=1
Y=([MT_Launcher_Button:Y]+([MT_Launcher_Button:H]/2))
H=[MT_Launcher_Button:H]
Text="Launcher"
[MT_LauncherItem1]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=([MT_Launcher_Button:Y]+[MT_Launcher_Button:H]+5)
AntiAlias=1
Text="Documents"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Documents"]
[MT_LauncherItem2]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Photos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Pictures"]
[MT_LauncherItem3]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Music"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Music"]
[MT_LauncherItem4]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Videos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Videos"]
[MT_LauncherItem5]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=96,96,96,128
Y=5R
AntiAlias=1
Text="Notepad"
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
Ultrabar.png (again some mistakes made by you here, like the last button state image being 5px narrower than the images of the other 2 states, or letting those gaps between the button state images):

Ultrabar.png

Now all it has to be done is horizontally splitting Ultrabar.png in 3 and add those bangs to change the image on hover, press and release. It will most likely be easily done, but it's late night where I live and will let this for tomorrow, if it's not to late for your girlfriend's birthday...

Note: Thinking about it, since the "button" is not that complex visually, things could be very well be achieved by setting the SolidColor of the string meters in order to achieve a relatively similar appearance - the way I've done with the [MT_LauncherItemN] meters. Just saying...
Oh my God! Thank you so much! I'll run back and do that!!

Edit : No worries! We got so much time yet, her bdays are in the next month!

Edit 2 : OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! MAN YOU ARE AMAZING! I just pasted it on a fresh new launcher copy - launcher3.ini - and it works like a charm! I only have to adjust and resize a bit the image to make it look more...well..."human" in the eye..haha. We can try that tomorrow or any time you can, dude, you really helped me greatly! I don't know how to repay you and Balala...I feel bad actually..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:35 pm You just can't resize a button,
No, you can't through the W and H options, but you can using a TransformationMatrix. For example in this case adding a TransformationMatrix=0.5;0;0;0.5;9;27 option to the [MT_Launcher_Button] meter, you'll get the button resized to half of its initial size.
This is one reason why I say TransformationMatrix is an extraordinary powerful option. Probably not too easy to be used, but very powerful.