It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:47 pm

Speech Plugin 2.4

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Speech Plugin

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:10 pm That's exactly why I said that Gender became useless.
No, not useless. If Name is not used, and Gender is, then the first voice of that gender will be used.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:11 pm No, not useless. If Name is not used, and Gender is, then the first voice of that gender will be used.
Yes, right. Now I see. You're right (as usually).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley, one more question I asked before, but remained un-replied:
balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:07 pm If I understood it well, I have to install the appropriate Windows language pack in order to use certain language. Am I right?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

So on my system:

1.jpg

The way it would work is:

If I don't specify any voice option (Gender or Name) then the first Female voice will be used, which is Microsoft Hedda Desktop.
If I specify Gender=Male then the first Male voice will be used, which is Microsoft David Desktop.
If I specify a Name, like Name=Microsoft Eva Mobile, that specific voice will be used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:17 pm jsmorley, one more question I asked before, but remained un-replied:
Yes. If you want a Romanian voice, then you will have had to install a Romanian language pack in Windows.

I can't swear that all language packs come with a distinct "voice" for Text-to-Speech in that language pronunciation.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:19 pm Yes. If you want a Romanian voice, then you will have had to install a Romanian language pack in Windows.
Ok, I will install both Romanian and Hungarian and will give them a try.
Thanks for this great plugin. I'm curious how will it speak into Romanian and Hungarian.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:21 pm Ok, I will install both Romanian and Hungarian and will give them a try.
Thanks for this great plugin. I'm curious how will it speak into Romanian and Hungarian.
I'd be curious to see a screenshot of that SelectVoice skin on your system after you do, so I can see what you have available and what order they are in.

I'd like to validate my two assumptions:

1) That Microsoft Zira Desktop is always available on Windows 10.
2) That voices are always arranged alphabetically.

As far as how different voice "cultures" work, my experience, although it has only been with German, is that all text is spoken as written. If you send it English text, it will be spoken in English, but with a German "accent". Numbers on the other hand, seem to be "translated" into the language, so "1" is spoken as "ein", not "one".
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Meanwhile, here's mine:
prev.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:38 pm Meanwhile, here's mine:
prev.png
Thanks. That the standard default Windows 10 setup, and you can simply use Gender=Male or Gender=Female to switch between them. You certainly can select by specific Name, but on your system. you don't really need to.

On your system. you can use:

Code: Select all

[SpeechHost]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Speech
That would be all you need to get the Microsoft David Desktop voice, a Volume of 100, and a Rate of 0.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:23 pm I'd be curious to see a screenshot of that SelectVoice skin on your system after you do, so I can see what you have available and what order they are in.

I'd like to validate my two assumptions:

1) That Microsoft Zira Desktop is always available on Windows 10.
2) That voices are always arranged alphabetically.

As far as how different voice "cultures" work, my experience, although it has only been with German, is that all text is spoken as written. If you send it English text, it will be spoken in English, but with a German "accent". Numbers on the other hand, seem to be "translated" into the language, so "1" is spoken as "ein", not "one".
For now mine is same as kyriakos876's posted above (David and Zira). But yet I don't have installed nor Romanian, nor Hungarian (nor any other) language pack.
If you know, where can I download those language packs (just not to look for them over all microsoft.com)?