Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
AccurateText=1
Update=1000
Group=Sephi

[Metadata]
Name=Weather
Author=Sephirotess
Information=Weather. A large portion of code is taken from JSMorley.
Version=1.1
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 License

@include=#@#Measures\Divers\Weather.inc
ikarus1969

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by ikarus1969 »

As i can see the skin is/was made by sephirotess. This user once posted a lot of skins but did not post anything recently. It's unclear if the skin you use is already updated to reflect the latest changes in the used weather-site(s).

So please post a link where you downloaded the skin so we can have a look at it?
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

katastrofa wrote: August 21st, 2020, 9:11 amhello, my english is not the best
can someone tell me where to insert the code for my city
ikarus1969 wrote: August 21st, 2020, 9:38 am As i can see the skin is/was made by sephirotess. This user once posted a lot of skins but did not post anything recently. It's unclear if the skin you use is already updated to reflect the latest changes in the used weather-site(s).

So please post a link where you downloaded the skin so we can have a look at it?
Although sephirotess usually reuses the code and only builds a different visual appearance for each of his skin suites so it's a bit difficult to identify the skin we're talking about, I believe this could be this skin. The text matches the one posted above, it's even a higher version (i.e. 1.2), judging from the Version string, but still uses the old wxdata. In other words, if version 1.2 used wxdata, then for sure version 1.1 did as well, so no jsmorley's .inc files for this, I suppose. The skin will probably have to be entirely rewritten to be up to date with the changes...
katastrofa

Post by katastrofa »

ikarus1969 wrote: August 21st, 2020, 9:38 am As i can see the skin is/was made by sephirotess. This user once posted a lot of skins but did not post anything recently. It's unclear if the skin you use is already updated to reflect the latest changes in the used weather-site(s).

https://visualskins.com/skin/botanicula-vr11

If it can't work, recommend one that can
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

katastrofa wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:20 am https://visualskins.com/skin/botanicula-vr11

If it can't work, recommend one that can
Yep, this works with the now defunct wxdata.com, so the effort of converting it is probably bigger than the gain. Take a look here or here. The skin from the last link (by jsmorley) works for sure, as it uses the API JSON and not the main site one. Even the other skins should work in theory, as long as you copy jsmorley's .INC files in order to update the code that parses the JSON.
5T3F4N

Post by 5T3F4N »

Hey guys, you're much more experienced than me, but I think my old wxdata weather just started working again last night, and it works today as well. Can anyone confirm?

I remember something happened with weather couple months back, but I was too busy to read the forums and everything, so I left it like that, it was just showing the clock, and suddenly yesterday night, all weather icons appeared, temperatures etc.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

5T3F4N wrote: September 10th, 2020, 12:42 pm Hey guys, you're much more experienced than me, but I think my old wxdata weather just started working again last night, and it works today as well. Can anyone confirm?

I remember something happened with weather couple months back, but I was too busy to read the forums and everything, so I left it like that, it was just showing the clock, and suddenly yesterday night, all weather icons appeared, temperatures etc.
I resist that this is the case. Any call to the old wxdata URL returns "This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020" for me.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

5T3F4N wrote: September 10th, 2020, 12:42 pmHey guys, you're much more experienced than me, but I think my old wxdata weather just started working again last night, and it works today as well. Can anyone confirm?

http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/UKXX0085:1:UK?cc=*&unit=m&dayf=5
Returns:

This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020
And:

http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0085:1:UK?cc=*&unit=m&dayf=5
Redirects to weather.com's main site.

So, the latter might give the impression that it's working (as long as your weather skin is updated to use the new site), but in reality it's just redirecting from the obsolete wxdata site.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

5T3F4N wrote: September 10th, 2020, 12:42 pm Hey guys, you're much more experienced than me, but I think my old wxdata weather just started working again last night, and it works today as well. Can anyone confirm?

I join jsmorley and Yincognito. It doesn't work. Just checked it.
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

Weather skin has stopped working for me again. Is it a known issue or is the problem on my end?