It is currently September 20th, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programmatically select a group of skins?

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Programmatically select a group of skins?

Mor3bane » March 25th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if there was a Bang or something that will allow the user to perhaps use a context menu to select a group of skins to allow the end user to select a skin group so that it can be moved.

I am just trying to shortcut a way to move a group of skins as a group. Given that a lot of users do not know they can use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select a group of skins.

Thanks.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Programmatically select a group of skins?

eclectic-tech » March 26th, 2019, 2:02 am

Mor3bane wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Hello,
I was wondering if there was a Bang or something that will allow the user to perhaps use a context menu to select a group of skins to allow the end user to select a skin group so that it can be moved.

I am just trying to shortcut a way to move a group of skins as a group. Given that a lot of users do not know they can use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select a group of skins.

Thanks.
You can probably use DragGroup in the [Rainmeter] section of each skin. Then when 1 of those skins are selected, all of the skins in the same DragGroup(s) are also selected.

EDIT: As far as I know there is no BANG that can select a skin, the end user would need to use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select one of the skins in the DragGroup; the only advantage of using DragGroup is that all other skins in the group would also be selected and move as one.
Mor3bane

Re: Programmatically select a group of skins?

Mor3bane » March 26th, 2019, 8:47 pm

eclectic-tech wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:02 am
You can probably use DragGroup in the [Rainmeter] section of each skin. Then when 1 of those skins are selected, all of the skins in the same DragGroup(s) are also selected.

EDIT: As far as I know there is no BANG that can select a skin, the end user would need to use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select one of the skins in the DragGroup; the only advantage of using DragGroup is that all other skins in the group would also be selected and move as one.
That is perfect.

Thanks eclectic-tech :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself