It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programmatically select a group of skins?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Programmatically select a group of skins?

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello,
I was wondering if there was a Bang or something that will allow the user to perhaps use a context menu to select a group of skins to allow the end user to select a skin group so that it can be moved.

I am just trying to shortcut a way to move a group of skins as a group. Given that a lot of users do not know they can use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select a group of skins.

Thanks.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Programmatically select a group of skins?

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mor3bane wrote: March 25th, 2019, 10:04 pm Hello,
I was wondering if there was a Bang or something that will allow the user to perhaps use a context menu to select a group of skins to allow the end user to select a skin group so that it can be moved.

I am just trying to shortcut a way to move a group of skins as a group. Given that a lot of users do not know they can use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select a group of skins.

Thanks.
You can probably use DragGroup in the [Rainmeter] section of each skin. Then when 1 of those skins are selected, all of the skins in the same DragGroup(s) are also selected.

EDIT: As far as I know there is no BANG that can select a skin, the end user would need to use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select one of the skins in the DragGroup; the only advantage of using DragGroup is that all other skins in the group would also be selected and move as one.
Mor3bane

Re: Programmatically select a group of skins?

Post by Mor3bane »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 26th, 2019, 2:02 am You can probably use DragGroup in the [Rainmeter] section of each skin. Then when 1 of those skins are selected, all of the skins in the same DragGroup(s) are also selected.

EDIT: As far as I know there is no BANG that can select a skin, the end user would need to use <ctrl><alt><leftmouseclick> to select one of the skins in the DragGroup; the only advantage of using DragGroup is that all other skins in the group would also be selected and move as one.
That is perfect.

Thanks eclectic-tech :thumbup:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.