It is currently July 27th, 2021, 3:43 pm

Opening Default Layout

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Opening Default Layout

Post by jsmorley »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:11 pm Thanks, I have now split the Games Tiles into one skin, and the button that opens these into another skin and I try loading the other skin:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowGroup "GamesIcons"]
Each of the games tiles is in a group

Group=GamesIcons
I now cant get the tiles in the other group to show up?
Be sure you are using the optional "config" parameter on your !ShowGroup bangs if they are talking to a different skin than the one the bang(s) are in.

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. !ShowGroup is already about "skins" and doesn't need, nor support, the config parameter.

Be sure you have the Group name set on the [SectionName] for the new skin(s) in Rainmeter.ini for the config in question.

I think we might be a bit confused here though. I guess I don't understand your setup. !ShowGroup will "show" one or more hidden "skins", and has nothing to do with hiding or showing groups of "meters" in a skin. For that you want !ShowMeterGroup "GroupName" "ConfigName".

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#ShowHideToggleMeterGroup
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#ShowHideToggleFadeGroup
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:19 pm Please can you tell me how I change the Games Tiles Skin so that things are hidden at first?
Carl, please pack the whole config containing the tiles and upload the package here.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thank you all for your help and also your offer to upload it all.

I desperately wanted to try and do this for myself for learning and development and I have now done this with your support so I just wanted to say thank you again.

I have now achieved what I wanted to do :-)

I appreciate it
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:49 pm Thank you all for your help and also your offer to upload it all.

I desperately wanted to try and do this for myself for learning and development and I have now done this with your support so I just wanted to say thank you again.

I have now achieved what I wanted to do :-)

I appreciate it
Good on you! Glad to help.
death.crafter

Post by death.crafter »

From his skin directory, they are all different skins.

So just do:

[Rainmeter]
Update=...
Group=Hexagames
in every skin that is present in the folder.

Make a skin that stays on. and do LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowFadeGroup Hexagames] or [!ShowGroup Hexagames] whichever you prefer. Similar for hiding.
from the Realm of Death
My Current Desktop