It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:57 pm

Opening Default Layout

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Opening Default Layout

Post by jsmorley »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:11 pm Thanks, I have now split the Games Tiles into one skin, and the button that opens these into another skin and I try loading the other skin:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowGroup "GamesIcons"]
Each of the games tiles is in a group

Group=GamesIcons
I now cant get the tiles in the other group to show up?
Be sure you are using the optional "config" parameter on your !ShowGroup bangs if they are talking to a different skin than the one the bang(s) are in.

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. !ShowGroup is already about "skins" and doesn't need, nor support, the config parameter.

Be sure you have the Group name set on the [SectionName] for the new skin(s) in Rainmeter.ini for the config in question.

I think we might be a bit confused here though. I guess I don't understand your setup. !ShowGroup will "show" one or more hidden "skins", and has nothing to do with hiding or showing groups of "meters" in a skin. For that you want !ShowMeterGroup "GroupName" "ConfigName".

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#ShowHideToggleMeterGroup
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/bangs/#ShowHideToggleFadeGroup
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:19 pm Please can you tell me how I change the Games Tiles Skin so that things are hidden at first?
Carl, please pack the whole config containing the tiles and upload the package here.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thank you all for your help and also your offer to upload it all.

I desperately wanted to try and do this for myself for learning and development and I have now done this with your support so I just wanted to say thank you again.

I have now achieved what I wanted to do :-)

I appreciate it
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Carl wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:49 pm Thank you all for your help and also your offer to upload it all.

I desperately wanted to try and do this for myself for learning and development and I have now done this with your support so I just wanted to say thank you again.

I have now achieved what I wanted to do :-)

I appreciate it
Good on you! Glad to help.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

From his skin directory, they are all different skins.

So just do:

[Rainmeter]
Update=...
Group=Hexagames
in every skin that is present in the folder.

Make a skin that stays on. and do LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowFadeGroup Hexagames] or [!ShowGroup Hexagames] whichever you prefer. Similar for hiding.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:59 pm in every skin that is present in the folder.
In fact any skin having the Group option added, belongs to the group and will be treated accordingly, no matter in which folder is it placed.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: August 9th, 2021, 6:19 am In fact any skin having the Group option added, belongs to the group and will be treated accordingly, no matter in which folder is it placed.
You just replied to a month old post. :Whistle

And I was referring to his folder of skins.
from the Realm of Death