It is currently April 3rd, 2020, 10:57 am

⭐ Weather.com

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
jsmorley
Developer

⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

Uses the JSON data from http://weather.com to return weather information for Current, Today/Tonight, and Tomorrow.

Weather.com_March 9, 2020.rmskin

1.png

Right-click the skin to see how to configure the Location Code and other attributes.

2.png

3.png

4.png

Use "Choose Location" to search for and set the Location Code desired.

The WeatherComCodes skin that searches for your Location Code uses the database described here:

⭐ Searching for weather.com Location Codes

Simply search for and find your Location Code, and click on the code (USAVA0944 in this example) to set it and refresh the Weather.com skin.

Note: You can click the Location Name (Fort Hunt in this example) to find the location on Google Maps, to confirm your choice.

Use "Edit Language Variables" to set the language code (i.e. en-US) to return the values and units of measure from weather.com in.

Use "Edit Translation Variables" to set the "labels" used in the skin to your language.

Use "Edit General Variables" to set fonts and colors for the skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

Reworked some cosmetics in the WeatherComCodes skin for searching for and using a weather.com LocationCode.

Wanted to make it not quite as "tall" when 10 results are found, and wanted some more display room in the input fields.

5.png

New .rmskin in the first post of this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

Is the new location search feature supposed to work for countries outside the US? Because it's not working for me. I enter city, country, both, either, and click the search button, but it always returns to Fort Hunt. Am I doing something wrong?

I easily added the code manually and it works, just not through the new location search. My city/country is in Europe.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Nekayah wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 7:00 pm
Is the new location search feature supposed to work for countries outside the US? Because it's not working for me. I enter city, country, both, either, and click the search button, but it always returns to Fort Hunt. Am I doing something wrong?

I easily added the code manually and it works, just not through the new location search. My city/country is in Europe.
You have to hit ENTER in both search fields before you search. Nothing is created or changed in an InputText field until you hit ENTER.

You can't type something in Location, then just click over to Country and type something in there. As soon as you click away from any InputText field that has not been "entered", it will just instantly revert to its original value.

Works fine for me.

1.png

2.png
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

What is your city / country?
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

jsmorley wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 7:10 pm
What is your city / country?
This is really weird. I tried Paris and Berlin myself just now, it doesn't work for me. I hit ENTER after each entry, city and country. I click on the magnifying glass, no results.

I'm sorry, maybe it's some kind of glitch on my end, I don't know. I'm happy with the skin the way it is, works great for me and manual setting is no problem. Just thought you might wanna know.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Nekayah wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 7:18 pm
This is really weird. I tried Paris and Berlin myself just now, it doesn't work for me. I hit ENTER after each entry, city and country. I click on the magnifying glass, no results.

I'm sorry, maybe it's some kind of glitch on my end, I don't know. I'm happy with the skin the way it is, works great for me and manual setting is no problem. Just thought you might wanna know.
What do you get when you go here:

https://admin.rainmeter.net/LocationCodes.php?country=Germany&Location=Berlin

In your browser?
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

jsmorley wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 7:21 pm
What do you get when you go here:

https://admin.rainmeter.net/LocationCodes.php?country=Germany&Location=Berlin

In your browser?
sdfsfed.png
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well... It's working fine that way. What version of Rainmeter are you using?

Go to About / Version from the context menu and "Copy to clipboard". Paste here.

Rainmeter 4.4.0.3342 beta (64-bit)
Language: English (1033)
Build time: 2020-01-08 7:27:41
Commit Hash: 6167b674
Windows 10 Pro 1909 64-bit (build 18363) - English (1033)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
SkinPath: C:\Users\JSMorley\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\JSMorley\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\JSMorley\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

dssdf.png
This is what it looks like when I try to search. I hit enter after each field, I click magnifying glass. Clicking the No results link just opens google maps on my city and says it can't find the location, in the left bar. Clicking the circular arrow button does nothing. Clicking X exits the form.