It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:45 pm

Pardon our dust

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Pardon our dust

Post by jsmorley »

P.S. It looks to me like the difference is that YQL is no longer getting, or at least no longer returning, the <updated> timestamp for each <entry> item. If you remove that from the RegExp, I think it will work.
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I noticed that too... if I have time, I might head over to Yahoo and "play" with the YQL statement.
Not much sense in using YQL since one of it's nicer features was the ability to sort by time. O.O

It is going to take a bit more than just removing the <updated> captures, so I guess I will have to resort to "old school" RegExp, and modify the code of a few skins.

Thanks for looking into this!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Addendum to RSS Feed via YQL

YQL skins work with all the other feeds (12 of them) and in other YQL-based skins...

YQL on the Rainmeter feed returns the site title and link, then returns each entry as a separate feed, with the site title and link along with the selected entry title and entry link?!

Not sure what changed in the feed format, but until yesterday, YQL had no problem with the Rainmeter feed.

Aside: Inside the feed, why is the poster's name double-tagged? e.g.; "<author><name>John Doe</name></author>"
rss2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: Aside: Inside the feed, why is the poster's name double-tagged? e.g.; "<author><name>John Doe</name></author>"
rss2.png
I think that is just the ATOM standard. <author> can have multiple attributes, presumably like <name>, <image>, <email> or who knows what. So there is a higher-level container <author> that can in theory have many attributes.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Is there a way to make pinned topics stand out a little more from the regular ones? Right now the only visible difference I see is that little pin icon, which is a lot harder to see than a shaded border or background. The purpose of this question is to make it easier to skip past the pinned items and get to the new topics.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

SilverAzide wrote:Is there a way to make pinned topics stand out a little more from the regular ones?
No, but we will make them stand out soon.
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Here is a screenshot of the orange I find hard to read.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I quite like the way the new theme works on mobile:
2015-10-14 18.44.11.png
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Too bad I've had custom css made for old style, inspired by Docs site :(

"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

JohnBurns wrote:Here is a screenshot of the orange I find hard to read.
Yep, sorry about the unexplicable fun I had over it ;) It is indeed orange on the forum and it is indeed difficult to read. But I think the issue has been settled - by jsmorley's own words. It'll get darker, probably.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth