It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:53 pm

Pardon our dust

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Pardon our dust

Post by jsmorley »

We are upgrading the forum software to a new version of phpBB, and that will mean we have to lose our old "theme" , as it just can't be made compatible with the new version.

We are working to get this new theme up to speed and customized a bit, so pardon our dust if things look a bit weird or change from time to time for the next couple of days.
under-construction.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Pardon our dust

Post by Yincognito »

Yeah, I was just wondering why I had problems in connecting to Rainmeter a couple of days ago - just found my answer, haha!
That being said, I loved the old theme. This one looks 'a la Windows 8' - which I hate - but nevertheless is well done and working as expected for now, so congrats, I guess ;)

P.S. Still too much white for my taste, lol. But I'll get used to it...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We will be tweaking it some in the new couple of days. It needs just a little cosmetics work.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Aaarghhh! :o
Gimme back my old, comfortable, theme: too much white here!
:lol:

Don't worry, I can wait. ;-)

I sincerely hope to not have the same bad experiences as in most of the other forum I frequent.
But there, they are all oriented about 3D and graphics...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:Aaarghhh! :o
Gimme back my old, comfortable, theme: too much white here!
:lol:

Don't worry, I can wait. ;-)

I sincerely hope to not have the same bad experiences as in most of the other forum I frequent.
But there, they are all oriented about 3D and graphics...
You will wait a long time I'm afraid. What we have now will be tweaked a little, but not much. We just cannot use that old theme. It is not compatible at all with this version of the software.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Yes, mee too, I can wait :)
Just take your time, jsmorley - we know you'll get the job done. I just gave my feedback/impressions on it. On a laptop screen you can have trouble distinguishing between page sections, especially if they're of the same color (which just happens to be white, my least favourite color :???: )
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

jsmorley wrote:You will wait a long time I'm afraid. What we have now will be tweaked a little, but not much. We just cannot use that old theme. It is not compatible at all with this version of the software.
Ouch!
This is the same experience I had with other forums lately, but luckily, here, the problem is only the theme. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote:Where we darken the overall background just a shade or two, and tone down the bright blue of the section separators.

Probably not a whole lot more than that.
I think that will do just fine - it would help differentiate better between page sections ;-)
fonpaolo wrote:This is the same experience I had with other forums lately, but luckily, here, the problem is only the theme. :thumbup:
Yep, I noticed it too. Sometimes I feel the people making the 'big software' are forcing everybody to "upgrade" to !@#$%^ "designs" just for the sake of 'being trendy'. It's one thing to constrain people to upgrade to better and more functional software, but a completely different thing to push stuff that they don't like down their throats - that's just abuse. Been experiencing this with Windows, Yahoo Mail, Google and such for some time now. Unfortunately, the 'little ones' (read 'the other software makers') have to comply, in order to make their work "compatible" with newer standards...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: Yep, I noticed it too. Sometimes I feel the people making the 'big software' are forcing everybody to "upgrade" to !@#$%^ "designs" just for the sake of 'being trendy'. It's one thing to constrain people to upgrade to better and more functional software, but a completely different thing to push stuff that they don't like down their throats - that's just abuse. Been experiencing this with Windows, Yahoo Mail, Google and such for some time now. Unfortunately, the 'little ones' (read 'the other software makers') have to comply, in order to make their work "compatible" with newer standards...
Lieutenant Sobel does not hate Easy Company, Private Randleman. He just hates you.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cryptic as always, jsmorley, huh? :rofl:
It seems you do watch a lot of TV shows, haha! You sure have a lot of quotes suited for every possible occasion :D