If Rainmeter crashes with an actual Windows error dialog box, please do the following to help us help you:
* Verify first that you are running the latest version of Rainmeter (try also the latest beta version if one is available).
* Make sure that you are able to reproduce the crash.
* Check the forum to make sure that the crash hasn't been reported already. If it has but you have some additional information please add it to the existing thread/issue instead of creating a new one.
* If the crash hasn't been reported earlier describe the exact steps how it can be reproduced. Also write your system configuration (operating system, etc), what skins you are using and provide a download link to the dmp file.
Getting the dmp file for the crash
* Go to Start->Run and enter "drwtsn32"
* In the Dr.Watson's dialog verify that the "Create Crash Dump File" is enabled and make a note of the Log file and Crash dump paths.
* When Rainmeter crashes go to the folder and create a zip from the dump file and the crash log.
* Attach the zip to the bug report or if it's too large upload it to a web page and include a download link.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
* When the Windows crash dialog is shown on the desktop open the Task Manager, find the Rainmeter.exe from the process tab and choose "Create Dump File".
* The created Rainmeter.dmp file will be quite large so compress it with zip/rar/7-zip, upload to some web site and attach the download link to the bug report.
* If you are able to reproduce the crash with the 32-bit version too please provide the dmp file from that. The 64-bit dmp files require a 64-bit development environment which might not be available for all developers.
So just zip up the .dmp file and if small enough attach it in a post, or host it on dropbox.com and provide a link.
Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests