It is currently April 12th, 2021, 3:53 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

ArchAngel wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 10:52 pm Hi all,

I just had my weather skin (that uses jsmorley's JSON scraper skin) stop working today.

Tried all the suggestions in the previous pages to get it working again but nothing works.

Tried accessing the URL in both Firefox and Chrome but both have the broken data.

I then tried using Curl to get the data and that actually comes through with the original correct format.

Getting weirder and weirder all the time.

Hope weather.com sorts out their format soon.

Cheers,
Stuart
To be sure in which format it is received by WebParser, you can see if this basic skin is returning a termperature for your latitude and longitude. If it does, then you receive the V3 (i.e. "new") format at the moment.
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 11:11 pm To be sure in which format it is received by WebParser, you can see if this basic skin is returning a termperature for your latitude and longitude. If it does, then you receive the V3 (i.e. "new") format at the moment.
I tested it and it is the V3 that comes through on the web parser.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

ArchAngel wrote: June 4th, 2020, 2:25 am I tested it and it is the V3 that comes through on the web parser.
Yep, as expected. I saw other users reporting that the fix seem to not work after a while. Can't see if they're doing it ok and such, can't test it yet as for me the V2 ("old") format still works after doing the fix a couple of days ago, but what I can guarantee is that at least one solution for this will be functional very soon.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:44 pm I was joking, balala. :lol: Both times. Can't help it, since you seem so serious all the time. :D
:thumbup: :great:
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

Stopped working for me today. Just tried what I did last time, clearing IE browser (which I don't even use IE), and it didn't work for me this time. Guess i'm back to shutting down Rainmeter again to avoid this..

fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Don't worry we're all on the same boat, or at least I suppose... :twisted:

In my case the problem is a completely different web page, even the structure is completely different! O.O
Has anyone experienced anything like this?
xenium

Post by xenium »

If the weather skins don't work anymore, try :

https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Windows-10-Weather-Enterprise-UPDATED-4-JUN-2020-801674472

It uses JSON data from the new Weather.com website

Note:
For me it seems to work and without UserAgent !
QuakeGuy

Post by QuakeGuy »

Finally the structure is always the new one, and my Rainmeter skin stopped working. Xenium already made his skin compatible with the new format. :thumbup:

I will update my skin the next days too.
GratefulJim!

Post by GratefulJim! »

I can only pray that the json format change will be patched into the gnometer skin.

jsmorley maintains the fix page for the original parsing/json reading patch format change on https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34689&p=171870.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

GratefulJim! wrote: June 5th, 2020, 8:09 pm I can only pray that the json format change will be patched into the gnometer skin.

jsmorley maintains the fix page for the original parsing/json reading patch format change on https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34689&p=171870.
I'm quite sure Eclectic-Tech will fix that as soon as he has some time.