It is currently February 17th, 2020, 5:18 am

Game mode

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.4 beta cycle.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Game mode

Post by balala »

sammael wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 11:11 am
This is something I would welcome too, and in fact was how I thought the "Game Mode" will function once it was announced. As a manual toggle I don't really see it's usefulness as I usually only remember to activate it when I alt tab and notice rainmeter on desktop after playing for 2 hours already, by which point it's already 2 hours late.

At the moment I launch my games via batch files that forcefully kill Rainmeter.exe and then restart it once game exe is closed. You can see how having rainmeter manage this would be much more efficient.
This has been discussed a few times before, even here on this topic. Developers opinion is that this is not desirable and probably a way not to manually launch it, won't be added: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=33882&start=10#p167764
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

not even a command line way to activate it :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jeff wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 9:59 pm
not even a command line way to activate it :(
No, at all. Just through the Rainmeter icon in the Notification area. No automatization, bang or whatever.
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

Is the idea security reasons to prevent developers from shutting down other developers' skins?

What about this:

Every skin that wants to use Game Mode has a password. The developer must register the password in a database

You can only apply Game Mode to the skins you have the password to.

So if I want to shut down all the skins I created while a game is playing, I'm free to do so.

Similar to an API Key