It is currently March 19th, 2024, 11:35 am

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Virginityrocks

Re: FileView plugin 1.0.1

Post by Virginityrocks »

I hope you can figure out that problem, brian. It's a perfect plugin if not for that minor problem.
Brian
Developer

Re: FileView plugin 1.0.2

Post by Brian »

I think I have found the solution to the .url problem.

The correct icon should be saved if you have selected a program to launch or if you have manually changed the icon to be displayed (right-click on the .url file, select "Properties", then click the "Change Icon" button). If the icon is not specified in the .url file, it will attempt to find the default icon for your default browser.

I have also added the "FilePath" type that will return the full path of the indexed file. Type=FilePath

I updated the test skin with the current plugin (but the skin is still the same).
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81762#p81762

-Brian
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Hey Brian, I was thinking it might be nice to have an optional empty index identifier that the measure would return if it found nothing to index. String meters would just print the string, image meters would try to resolve paths, and calcs could evaluate integers.

EmptyIndex=No Files
EmptyIndex="#@#Images\No.ico"
EmptyIndex=1

Sound useful?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Brian wrote:I have also added the "FilePath" type that will return the full path of the indexed file. Type=FilePath
I think you mean changed the "FilePath" type. That type was previously returning the full path except for the file name. You broke my skin :twisted: but you saved me from having to edit the Type= on the measures I keep to update to the new plugin ;)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I am having the same lockup issues described by JSMorley and Dragonmage.

After scrolling down several indexes (10~20) with the mouse, then back up (the faster I scroll the more likely it will act up), the list disappears (all index measures are blank, it remembers the file and folder count, but not the path)... Rainmeter will stop responding, then prompt to send a crash report, and close.

I changed the mouse scroll command to 'pageup/down' rather than 'indexup/down', but it still locks up when scrolling, same as above.

Using the mouse button page commands never locked it up, but I was able to do it if I selected the 'Previous Folder' button several times.

There are no log messages, and the skin tab just shows the lose of index values (screenshot):

Running XP SP3 and latest Rainmeter beta 2.5.0.1720

I truly appreciate the work you have done Brian, but if indexes or pages are changed rapidly with the new mouse scroll feature, it has too great a tendency to lockup Rainmeter for my use.

I guess I need to be more patient, but you know users of skins are anything but patient... I will be patient to see if there is a solution.

P.S. I tried setting UpdateDivider=-1 on all measures and meters (as JSMorley suggested), still had lockup issues.

Thanks
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

dragonmage wrote: I think you mean changed the "FilePath" type. That type was previously returning the full path except for the file name. You broke my skin :twisted: but you saved me from having to edit the Type= on the measures I keep to update to the new plugin ;)
Nope, there was no "FilePath" type before. If an invalid type is given, the measure returns the "FolderPath", which is what you were describing. :)

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

eclectic-tech wrote:I truly appreciate the work you have done Brian, but if indexes or pages are changed rapidly with the new mouse scroll feature, it has too great a tendency to lockup Rainmeter for my use.

I guess I need to be more patient, but you know users of skins are anything but patient... I will be patient to see if there is a solution.

P.S. I tried setting UpdateDivider=-1 on all measures and meters (as JSMorley suggested), still had lockup issues.

Thanks
This is really odd since commands can not execute while the thread is active, so there shouldn't be any out-of-range indexing. I can't seem to replicate the error on my system.

I will keep looking for a solution.

@eclectic-tech: Can you help me narrow down the problem?
Could you try this test skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexUp"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[Variables]
MeterType=String
Type=FileName
;Type=FileSize
;Type=FileDate
;Type=FilePath

;MeterType=Image
;Type=Icon

[Style]
FontColor=255,255,255
X=5
Y=2R

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path="C:\"
Count=8

[mIndex0]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=0

[mIndex1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=1

[mIndex2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=2

[mIndex3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=3

[mIndex4]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=4

[mIndex5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=5

[mIndex6]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=6

[mIndex7]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=#Type#
Index=7

[Background]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,200
W=300
H=300

[Index0]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex0
MeterStyle=Style
Y=5

[Index1]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex1
MeterStyle=Style

[Index2]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex2
MeterStyle=Style

[Index3]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex3
MeterStyle=Style

[Index4]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex4
MeterStyle=Style

[Index5]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex5
MeterStyle=Style

[Index6]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex6
MeterStyle=Style

[Index7]
Meter=#MeterType#
MeasureName=mIndex7
MeterStyle=Style
All you have to do is comment out the "Type" variable, and uncomment the next one to try - and when you get the "Icon" type, you will also need to comment out the MeterType=String, and uncomment MeterType=Image.

Just re-load the skin, and scroll away.

Tell me which one(s) throws the error. If all of them throw an error, then there is problem inside my thread somewhere.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I concur with Brian. I havent seen it lock up (at least, to any degree that FileListPlugin did) I've seen it lag, occassionally, but at least for me this is a non-issue. My computer is very fast, so I havent had a chance to benchmark it with an average PC, but its certainly much better than FileListPlugin in terms of code.

On a note about Updatedivider=-1, wouldn't it be easier to use OnRefreshAction=!Update and Update=-1 in the [Rainmeter] section?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Brian wrote: All you have to do is comment out the "Type" variable, and uncomment the next one to try - and when you get the "Icon" type, you will also need to comment out the MeterType=String, and uncomment MeterType=Image.

Just re-load the skin, and scroll away.

Tell me which one(s) throws the error. If all of them throw an error, then there is problem inside my thread somewhere.

-Brian
I ran the skin with each individual "Type" (all others commented out), and it locked up on every one.
It took a bit longer when the meter was "Image" and type was "Icon", but it locked after 5~10 quick mouse scrolls.

It may have to do with my slower system... time for me to upgrade, huh?! :oops:
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

I have had the same thing here, and again, it's on an older slower computer with XP sp3... A few too quick mouse scrolls, and suddenly the window is empty and it's locked up...