It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:30 pm

ImageSize 4.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Youkai1977

Re: ImageSize 4.0

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: February 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm I still believe using the X=0 and Y=0 options, along with playing with the PreserveAspectRation option is the best and simplest solution. Don't see why should you manually calculate the vertical position of the image (meter).
That I had provided the X like Y positions still with a number before, has the reason, because with my SlideShow this does not begin with X=0 and/or Y=0 by the SHAPE framework which has the Stroke width "2". Then a pixel line air, then comes the SHAPE container on which the actual SlideShow runs.
In short, the container is in X,Y as well as W,H by 3 smaller than the SHAPE frame.
And because of ignorance I forgot that because of the container it doesn't matter if the slideshow has the same dimensions as the frame, so I have everything inside the container now just 3Px smaller or in X,Y offset by 3Px.
Unnecessary ... I know that now ... :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: February 27th, 2021, 10:25 pm That I had provided the X like Y positions still with a number before, has the reason, because with my SlideShow this does not begin with X=0 and/or Y=0 by the SHAPE framework which has the Stroke width "2". Then a pixel line air, then comes the SHAPE container on which the actual SlideShow runs.
In short, the container is in X,Y as well as W,H by 3 smaller than the SHAPE frame.
The code doesn't have set containers (or am I missing them?). Obviously instead of X=0 and Y=0, you can set the meters to 3 (X=3 and Y=3) or whatever, but the basic idea is to not have to manually caluclate the position of the Image meters, because if you're using a PreserveAspectRatio=2 (or 1, doesn't matter) option on the meters, you get the images centered, without having to worry about calculating their exact position. Rainmeter does this job instead of you.
Was just an idea...
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: February 28th, 2021, 6:52 am The code doesn't have set containers (or am I missing them?).
No no, you are not missing anything. At least not if we are talking about ImageFade.ini, which I modified for testing purposes. I meant in the last post my actual slideshow I am working on. It contains a container. And it sits on X=3, Y=3 at W=436 to H= 246.
Obviously instead of X=0 and Y=0, you can set the meters to 3 (X=3 and Y=3) or whatever, but the basic idea is to not have to manually caluclate the position of the Image meters, because if you're using a PreserveAspectRatio=2 (or 1, doesn't matter) option on the meters, you get the images centered, without having to worry about calculating their exact position. Rainmeter does this job instead of you.
Was just an idea...
Interesting about the PreserveAspectRatio. I knew so in the rough that this provides for different representations, but that thereby no indication of a X,Y Coordinate is necessary because Rainmeter regulates that itself, is a really interesting news for me. I will try that out. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 10:57 am No no, you are not missing anything. At least not if we are talking about ImageFade.ini, which I modified for testing purposes. I meant in the last post my actual slideshow I am working on. It contains a container. And it sits on X=3, Y=3 at W=436 to H= 246.
But post its code as well, to can check it.
Youkai1977 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 10:57 am Interesting about the PreserveAspectRatio. I knew so in the rough that this provides for different representations, but that thereby no indication of a X,Y Coordinate is necessary because Rainmeter regulates that itself, is a really interesting news for me. I will try that out. :thumbup:
The X and Y options are still required, just that if you set the PreserveAspectRatio to 1 or 2, the image will be resized and aligned in a way to have it kept inside of the surface of meter.
My guess is that it's much better to set the option to PreserveAspectRatio=1, because this way you have visible the whole image.
I did so for instance in the Slideshow skin of my Mirage suite (yes, this is a self-promotion - sorry). There are 12 transition effects between the images (including the fade effect, which has been the first effect added, many years ago), however the skin is quite "hungry", it consumes a lot of resources. In fact it can't be used on slower machines (at least not the transitions, which have to be turned off).
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

[/url][/url]
But post its code as well, to can check it.
If I post the code, then in the thread which I had opened because of my SlideShow a few days ago. Because the thread here actually deals with a different topic.
Here is the link to my SlideShow ... and its problems, better said problem I have with it.
Link -> Set nested [!SetOption] problem
The X and Y options are still required, just that if you set the PreserveAspectRatio to 1 or 2, the image will be resized and aligned in a way to have it kept inside of the surface of meter.
My guess is that it's much better to set the option to PreserveAspectRatio=1, because this way you have visible the whole image.
I did so for instance in the Slideshow skin of my Mirage suite (yes, this is a self-promotion - sorry). There are 12 transition effects between the images (including the fade effect, which has been the first effect added, many years ago), however the skin is quite "hungry", it consumes a lot of resources. In fact it can't be used on slower machines (at least not the transitions, which have to be turned off).
Yes, I know your slideshow. I had seen the days here once. And because of self-promotion, do not worry, I see that not so tight. In addition, advertising for his skins make and share this but also an important part of Rainmeter or its fans and community. I see/think anyway...
And admittedly, your slideshow inspired me to do what I'm doing with my slideshow right now. Better said try to do.
It will not be quite as extensive, because I have also found, too much, also requires a lot of a PC system. And since not all have the latest Ryzen or Intel with a 3080 installed, you have to find a compromise between performance sparing and still the certain something.

For example, I notice that even on my old PC (4-core AMD A10-7850k) the load on all cores reaches 50% when the fade effect kicks in.
Not even my RGB visualizer, which has 16 bands per channel + 16 band trailing band, can do that. So strictly speaking, 32 x 2 = 64 bands plus RGB calculations, which are processed in Update=48. There I lie in operation after optimization, also thanks to "Incognito" here from the forum now at 4-6% CPU load.
But back to the slideshow ... in short, when my slideshow is finished, (also) this will probably be nothing necessarily for weak PCs. Especially since I'm planning to rework my complete suite. It won't stay with the slideshow.

But well, I'll move the topic and my problem to the link above. I post the current (problem)version of my slideshow there.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 11:06 pm [/url][/url]If I post the code, then in the thread which I had opened because of my SlideShow a few days ago. Because the thread here actually deals with a different topic.
Here is the link to my SlideShow ... and its problems, better said problem I have with it.
Link -> Set nested [!SetOption] problem
Quite long topic, have to look over it a little bit.
Youkai1977 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 11:06 pm And admittedly, your slideshow inspired me to do what I'm doing with my slideshow right now. Better said try to do.
I'm glad if it did.
Youkai1977 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 11:06 pm It will not be quite as extensive, because I have also found, too much, also requires a lot of a PC system. And since not all have the latest Ryzen or Intel with a 3080 installed, you have to find a compromise between performance sparing and still the certain something.

For example, I notice that even on my old PC (4-core AMD A10-7850k) the load on all cores reaches 50% when the fade effect kicks in.
Not even my RGB visualizer, which has 16 bands per channel + 16 band trailing band, can do that. So strictly speaking, 32 x 2 = 64 bands plus RGB calculations, which are processed in Update=48. There I lie in operation after optimization, also thanks to "Incognito" here from the forum now at 4-6% CPU load.
At least talking about my Slideshow, there are a lot of measures, which are caluclating different things while any of the available animations is running, even if the unecessary measures are disabled. Beside the animation running there is no issue, no intensive CPU usage. Only while an animation is running.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 1st, 2021, 4:42 pm Quite long topic, have to look over it a little bit.

I'm glad if it did.

At least talking about my Slideshow, there are a lot of measures, which are caluclating different things while any of the available animations is running, even if the unecessary measures are disabled. Beside the animation running there is no issue, no intensive CPU usage. Only while an animation is running.
Yes long topic and now spread over two threads. Therefore, here in the topic only briefly, the rest in the other thread.

Right I'm also just about to try in my SlideShow [Measure] that only once (at startup, for example), or when a certain function is needed, to activate and then directly will turn off. That may be only small things, but in the sum, especially on a complete suite seen, applies then "much times little = 1x much" or so... :???: :oops:
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

Hello everyone,

due to the fact that I am currently working on the following topic -> https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=219199#p219199 the problem arises for me in this context that when I start Rainmeter via "Task Scheduler" with Windows, I have the following in the LOG file of Rainmeter regarding the ImageSize.dll: -> "ImageSize.dll File Error for"

The current configuration regarding the Rainmeter start is as follows:
- In the installation folder of Rainmeter.exe "Start with administrator rights"
- Start the same exe file via task scheduler with Windows "with 15 seconds delay after user logon"

Everything works great so far, and as in some of the various topics here in the forum and via Google.
Only my Slideshow-Skin no longer shows any images due to the problem with ImageSize.dll.

NOTE: If I close Rainmeter and then start it normally, e.g. via the shortcut on the desktop/start menu, then my slideshow also runs and I no longer have any errors concerning the ImageSize.dll in the LOG file.

So what am I doing wrong, or why does the ImageSize.dll react so sensitively when Rainmeter is started via task scheduling with admin rights?