It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:24 am

[D2D][Resolved] Issues with Stroke in Shape Meter

Backwards compatibility issues related to the conversion of Rainmeter to D2D.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Issues with Stroke in Shape Meter

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote:Additional info for problem with Intel card.
Just out of curiosity, what do you get with:

wmic cpu list full
AddressWidth=64
Architecture=9
Availability=3
Caption=AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
ConfigManagerErrorCode=
ConfigManagerUserConfig=
CpuStatus=1
CreationClassName=Win32_Processor
CurrentClockSpeed=3500
CurrentVoltage=13
DataWidth=64
Description=AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
DeviceID=CPU0
ErrorCleared=
ErrorDescription=
ExtClock=200
Family=63
InstallDate=
L2CacheSize=8192
L2CacheSpeed=
LastErrorCode=
Level=21
LoadPercentage=1
Manufacturer=AuthenticAMD
MaxClockSpeed=3500
Name=AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
OtherFamilyDescription=
PNPDeviceID=
PowerManagementCapabilities=
PowerManagementSupported=FALSE
ProcessorId=178BFBFF00600F20
ProcessorType=3
Revision=512
Role=CPU
SocketDesignation=CPUSocket
Status=OK
StatusInfo=3
Stepping=0
SystemCreationClassName=Win32_ComputerSystem
SystemName=TOWER
UniqueId=
UpgradeMethod=27
Version=Model 2, Stepping 0
VoltageCaps=
oZone

Post by oZone »

jsmorley wrote:Just out of curiosity, what do you get with:

wmic cpu list full
AddressWidth=64
Architecture=9
Availability=3
Caption=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
ConfigManagerErrorCode=
ConfigManagerUserConfig=
CpuStatus=1
CreationClassName=Win32_Processor
CurrentClockSpeed=2808
CurrentVoltage=9
DataWidth=64
Description=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
DeviceID=CPU0
ErrorCleared=
ErrorDescription=
ExtClock=100
Family=198
InstallDate=
L2CacheSize=1024
L2CacheSpeed=
LastErrorCode=
Level=6
LoadPercentage=7
Manufacturer=GenuineIntel
MaxClockSpeed=2808
Name=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
OtherFamilyDescription=
PNPDeviceID=
PowerManagementCapabilities=
PowerManagementSupported=FALSE
ProcessorId=BFEBFBFF000906E9
ProcessorType=3
Revision=
Role=CPU
SocketDesignation=U3E1
Status=OK
StatusInfo=3
Stepping=
SystemCreationClassName=Win32_ComputerSystem
SystemName=DESKTOP
UniqueId=
UpgradeMethod=1
Version=
VoltageCaps=
oZone

Post by oZone »

Issue is maybe related with using alpha component.

Workaround, each set of mouse actions in [BG] meter works standalone or with mouse actions in [Highlight] meter without issue.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[BG]
Meter=IMAGE
X=50
Y=50
W=50
H=50
SolidColor=255,255,255,255

MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter Highlight][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter Highlight][!Redraw]

;MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeterGroup Popup][!Redraw]
;MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeterGroup Popup][!Redraw]

;MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Highlight Hidden 0][!UpdateMeter Highlight][!Redraw]
;MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Highlight Hidden 1][!UpdateMeter Highlight][!Redraw]

[Highlight]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,50,50 | StrokeWidth 10 | Extend Color
Color=Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Stroke Color 255,0,0,255
X=r
Y=r
;MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Highlight Color "Fill Color 0,0,0,255 | Stroke Color 255,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Highlight][!Redraw]
;MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Highlight Color "Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Stroke Color 255,0,0,0"][!UpdateMeter Highlight][!Redraw]
Hidden=1
Group=Popup
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

oZone wrote:Problem with Nvidia is on Windows 7 (on Windows 10 no, same PC multiboot) and on Windows 10 (other PC with different card). Intel only Windows 10 (other PC, thanks to friends I can test it with different configuration :D ). All drivers are latest from Intel or Nvidia, or from Windows update.
I have spent a couple of hours scratching my head on this issue. I could reproduce it on my laptop with the same intel integrated chip. We did find a fix for this, but it is not something we were happy with as it included a pretty massive hit to the cpu usage.

I tried today to update the drivers for my intel chip and that fixed the issue completely. Could you try update your intel driver and report if it fixed any of the issues? :) Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909

Irrelevant question: Do you happen to have a dell xps by chance?

~ theAzack9
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone, I beg of you... We need to get clear and specific about what is going on.

We need to know very clearly and unambiguously what hardware and OS you are on when you see and don't see the issue in question. We need to know when you last updated the drivers for the graphics hardware.

We are currently under the impression that this ONLY happens on a system that has a CPU with Intel Integrated Graphics built in. It doesn't matter if the OS is Win7 or Win10. This NEVER happens when using discrete graphics that are not using shared memory and integrated into the CPU.
oZone

Post by oZone »

jsmorley wrote:oZone, I beg of you... We need to get clear and specific about what is going on.

We need to know very clearly and unambiguously what hardware and OS you are on when you see and don't see the issue in question. We need to know when you last updated the drivers for the graphics hardware.

We are currently under the impression that this ONLY happens on a system that has a CPU with Intel Integrated Graphics built in. It doesn't matter if the OS is Win7 or Win10. This NEVER happens when using discrete graphics that are not using shared memory and integrated into the CPU.
On friend's PC (Nvidia Geforce 610M - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132953 and Intel HD 4000 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499), the issue appears only when using Nvidia GeForce 610M with Windows 7 but when he use Windows 10 (multiboot), there is no problem.

Another friend is traveling, so I can't check it, but he is using only Windows 10 and he said that it appears only when he use Nvidia card, I think it's 500m series.

I use Windows 10 and have Intel HD 630 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. The issue appears only with Intel card.
theAzack9 wrote:
I have spent a couple of hours scratching my head on this issue. I could reproduce it on my laptop with the same intel integrated chip. We did find a fix for this, but it is not something we were happy with as it included a pretty massive hit to the cpu usage.

I tried today to update the drivers for my intel chip and that fixed the issue completely. Could you try update your intel driver and report if it fixed any of the issues? :) Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909

Irrelevant question: Do you happen to have a dell xps by chance?

~ theAzack9

I will try to install the newest Intel driver (released on 29/8) and report later.
I have Asus.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote:On friend's PC (Nvidia Geforce 610M - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132953 and Intel HD 4000 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499), the issue appears only when using Nvidia GeForce 610M with Windows 7 but when he use Windows 10 (multiboot), there is no problem.
So there is no issue when this guy enables the Intel HD 4000 with Windows 7?
oZone

Post by oZone »

jsmorley wrote:So there is no issue when this guy enables the Intel HD 4000 with Windows 7?
Yes, no issue with Intel HD 4000 with Windows 7.

I have installed the newest Intel driver and it did fix the issue with stroke in shape meter.

But other reported issues still don't work correctly (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=151772#p151772 and https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=151596#p151596)

Edit: Windows Update decided that the newest driver is not good as that from Windows Update. When I was testing other skins it installed older driver.

Sorry for false report. Everything is working correctly.