It is currently May 1st, 2024, 10:43 pm

Saving a web page to a file.

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Kotofanchik

Saving a web page to a file.

Post by Kotofanchik »

Some time ago I was looking here for a way to save web pages to a file on behalf of a real browser. The work has come to a standstill. But on another forum, unexpectedly, a person was able to help me. He wrote an external program that is launched by the Windows scheduler and saves pages opened in webwiev2 to files. It is not the source code of the web page that is saved, but the page with the result of the js work. He couldn't do it any other way. But this can even be a plus.
Program page on GitHub https://github.com/verelex/Rainmetrist
I myself don’t understand programming languages, but maybe someone can take a look, change something, and so on.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Saving a web page to a file.

Post by Yincognito »

Nice find, if it does what you say it does - thanks for sharing. Maybe it will be of some use for folks, after they compile it to an executable. Especially if it can save the web content AFTER Javascript scripts are run on the page. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

I don't know how to compile myself. And I can’t check the source code of the program in any way. The author sent me an archive with a ready-made exe, but I don’t know if it can be posted. :D I myself have been using it for a week now, starting with an older version of this program. Regarding js, although the site I need uses js, it doesn’t bother or help me. I just noted that apparently the result of the scripts on the page is being saved and the author confirmed this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Well, if you're already using it for a week and you're happy with it, it must be doing its job right. Regarding js, there are cases when some data retrieval or computation is present in the source page as a Javascript function of some sort - having the actual result of those functions (like they are displayed in the browser) able to be saved would be nice.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Kotofanchik wrote: April 18th, 2024, 6:40 pm I don't know how to compile myself. And I can’t check the source code of the program in any way. The author sent me an archive with a ready-made exe, but I don’t know if it can be posted. :D I myself have been using it for a week now, starting with an older version of this program. Regarding js, although the site I need uses js, it doesn’t bother or help me. I just noted that apparently the result of the scripts on the page is being saved and the author confirmed this.
The .exe can be posted with no issue.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

ok, but I have nothing to do with it :)
Call the settings window using the file Rainmetrist.exe
You can enter four URLs and save four files.
I also tried to enter a line like this instead of pure URLs:
view-source:www.foreca.com/ru/100734077/Thessaloniki-Greece
It saves much faster and the data is present, but with incomprehensible features.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.