It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Circular EQ for Rainmeter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Kyremi

Circular EQ for Rainmeter?

Post by Kyremi »

Hi guys,
So I was looking for new skins, and I came across this; http://k02188.deviantart.com/art/Circular-EQ-137037004. It looks fantastic and I'd really want it, except it's for Samurize, and, well, I use Rainmeter. I've tried searching for an equivalent for RM to no avail... does anyone know of any hidden gems tucked away?

Furthermore, apparently this Circular EQ only works with Winamp but I'm a Spotify user; is there any way to make this sort of skin work with Spotify? I highly doubt I can transfer my songs from Spotify to Winamp if I wanted to use this kind of skin...

Cheers :)
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Circular EQ for Rainmeter?

Post by MerlinTheRed »

In Samurize the equalizer only works with a Winamp visualization plugin you have to install that somehow sends the data to the Samurize Config. I suppose to get this working with Rainmeter you'd have to write both a Winamp plugin and a Rainmeter plugin that communicate with each other.
If Spotify makes equalizer data available to extern applications, a Plugin for Rainmeter could be created that measures this data. As an alternative one could go a similar way as with Winamp and try to write a plugin for Spotify (no idea if this is even possible) that communicates with a Rainmeter plugin.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Kyremi

Post by Kyremi »

MerlinTheRed wrote:In Samurize the equalizer only works with a Winamp visualization plugin you have to install that somehow sends the data to the Samurize Config. I suppose to get this working with Rainmeter you'd have to write both a Winamp plugin and a Rainmeter plugin that communicate with each other.
If Spotify makes equalizer data available to extern applications, a Plugin for Rainmeter could be created that measures this data. As an alternative one could go a similar way as with Winamp and try to write a plugin for Spotify (no idea if this is even possible) that communicates with a Rainmeter plugin.
...Yikes, that all sounds very complicated... the problem is, I'm guessing that the Spotify plugin for Rainmeter doesn't exactly give much info in terms of stuff that'd be useful for an EQ skin... I'd switch to Winamp, but then I lose all my spotify-only songs...
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The Winamp plugin for Rainmeter doesn't give you that information either. In both cases you'd have to do some coding and write&compile one or two DLLs. Good luck with finding somebody who can and wants to do that ;)
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I would caution that anything that does "visualization" of music that isn't also the app "creating" the music is going to have to be very carefully written not to either be out of sync or a CPU hog or both.
toms88

Post by toms88 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread but if someone is able you could surely pick up the eq from the soundcard if you have Stereo Mix enabled? Its like a pass-through of the audio out, i use it to get Aurora Synthesia working with my Philips amBX lights.

(not my video but you get the idea)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzNIW-csTcI[/youtube]