It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:35 pm

Scotch Tape Port for Rainmeter

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
KreAch3R

Scotch Tape Port for Rainmeter

Post by KreAch3R »

Scotch Tape for Rainmeter v1.0.2
This skin is a port of Scotch Tape for CAD by ~kingdomsephiroth.

Yet another Media Player skin, it displays the current song information, including cover, album artist, and of course, track title. It comes in three variants, left, right and bottom.

Thanks poiru for the awesome nowplaying plugin.

Enjoy. :)

-----------------------------
Changelog:
v1.0.2: added option to remove tape
v1.0: Scotch Tape release
Last edited by KreAch3R on September 9th, 2011, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Scotch Tape Port for Rainmeter

Post by MerlinTheRed »

This looks pretty cool. When I saw it, I was struck with ideas on what one can do with this concept.
For Example:

- Show a little square photo that represents the current (or forecast) weather and add text for temp, wind etc.

- image slide show

- display web comic page (problematic due to aspect ratio) or image from news website

- Have some images that represent system stats (like CPU usage) and display them accordingly (e.g. a fire for CPU temp with small flames for cold and larger ones for hot or a glass of water that is filled according to used HDD space)

The possibilities are endless. You just have to find or make pretty photos that you can use so it doesn't look like somebody put an icon in a polaroid.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Thanks! :) I tried to match the CAD skin as much as I could. I really liked it when I saw it.

Now, regarding your idea, I think it's great. :) This style is definitely one that can support a suite. I even might try the weather one. Having said that, however, I'm not that good at graphic design, to achieve the level I would like the other skins to have, plus that I don't have the source files of the original work, so I'm stuck with a .png. And if that's not even enough ( :p ) I think that if I mess with a specific style for a long time (like creating a suite) it would make me hate it (something is wrong with me I know :oops: ). I would be very glad, however, to help anyone that tries to achieve that.

In reference to the skin, there was a little update, I added an option to remove the tape, after a request. Instructions inside the file or at dA.

Desktop DeviartArt
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

From the look of it, the polaroid looking picture frame could be easily created with Inkscape (with Photoshop too, probably, but I don't use that). The scotch doesn't look too difficult either. For the weather pictures I would say the best bet is to look around deviantART for photos/graphics with the appropriate look and ask the author if you can cut out a little piece to use in your skin.

About the thing with hating something when you look at it too long: It's about the same for me ;) As long as that "something" isn't your girlfriend, it's not a big deal :p
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Hey Merlin,

Sorry for the late reply. I agree with you, the images could be done quite easily. We are on the same page about weather images, too (that's why I'm thinking that this can be easily done). It's the "getting sick of" factor that affects my decision; I would put into the project so much time, to make it as I want it, that I will not want to look at it afterwards. :P

As for the last part of your message, luckily the sick symptom presents itself only when I'm looking at a computer screen. :D So I guess she's safe (for now, at least :p ). Thanks for the feedback.

Desktop DeviartArt
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I'm currently searching deviantART for some appropriate weather photos/images. Perhaps I'll make the skin some time, so you can put it on your desktop before you get sick of looking at it. I personally wouldn't put something like that on my desktop (because I only look at my desktop when I start up and shut down my computer). But strangely I think I'll have a lot of fun creating it ;)

Perhaps I'll post my progress here.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Let's stick to that. :) Cheers to any inspired skin based on this port. Until then, this thread is open for any possible requests or/add additions on the port.

Desktop DeviartArt