It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:43 pm

ShowDesk

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

ShowDesk

Post by jsmorley »

I have written a tiny little addon for Rainmeter which will let you add a meter to any skin which when clicked will "Show Desktop" without minimizing Rainmeter itself. This is useful as in Windows Vista / Seven the "Show Desktop" button on the Taskbar will also minimize Rainmeter along with any windows on your desktop.

I have included a little skin you can use to see how it works. You can use this skin of a simple "Up / Down" arrow, or add this function to any of your existing skins by just using the "!execute" statement in my sample skin.

http://www.redirectwebhosting2.com/ghall/share/ShowDesk.zip

The skin folder "ShowDesk" goes in your My Documents\Skins folder
The addon folder "ShowDesk" goes in your Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons folder

Requires Rainmeter 1.0 or higher

[rainflash]800,600,http://www.redirectwebhosting2.com/ghall/share/ShowDesk.swf[/rainflash]
dragonmage
Developer

Re: ShowDesk

Post by dragonmage »

The Show Desktop thing isn't Vista specific, it affects all versions of windows as far as I know. People will find this useful since pressing Win+M is so hard...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:The Show Desktop thing isn't Vista specific, it affects all versions of windows as far as I know. People will find this useful since pressing Win+M is so hard...
This is certainly not rocket science and you are right that Win+M and Win+Shift+M does the same thing. I however am more mouse centric and am not a big hotkey person, particularly when the hotkey combination takes both hands. So this is not earthshaking, just a little tool to add to the toolbelt if you want it.

Oh and this app is completely "portable", so don't even start with me... :lol: :D
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Oh I definitely see the usefulness.
karmat

Post by karmat »

Works great! I really like your apps, they are very practical and useful.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

karmat wrote:Works great! I really like your apps, they are very practical and useful.
Thanks...