It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:14 pm

Kotoko Suite 4.3 and WIP ver. 4.4

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
KreAch3R

Re: Kotoko Suite 4.3 and WIP ver. 4.4

Post by KreAch3R »

You are developing a whole new shell right there! I'm looking forward to try it. :)
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

KreAch3R wrote:You are developing a whole new shell right there! I'm looking forward to try it. :)
do i? :D
well, i've had this in my mind and i even started to develop a superbar replacement involving Rainmeter, but then after a bit of thinking "why do i need this" i decided to quit with such ideas...

if you like this, maybe you will be interested in Launcher more or less like Mac Lauchpad with build in drag'n'drop functionality, scrolling (sliding) animations and dynamicly changing settings, as well? :)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I think it will be VERY desirable, considering all these users that are asking for taskbar/replacement and/or Mac-like environments.
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

i agree, but first off all, it is complicated to make close enough by functionality of original taskbar...
actually this not major problem, i mean if making such complex thing, it needs to have different design, otherwise what the point of making clone and anyway it will be less functional?...i think it is waste of time :uhuh:

btw, for those who want shell replacement can use Litestep.

about launcher, i do have it's working, but i didn't plan to release it, because of existing WinLaunch for Windows.
The reason why i made such launcher is that i've started to making it before WinLaunch and i wanted to release it, but now, i don't know...if you, or anyone else who read this wants to try alfa version of this let me know. When i'll patch all things up i'll send you a skin =)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I agree, even though they may look awesome, the loss in functionality is the ultimate reason you go back to the same windows taskbar.
Speaking on my behalf, I can say that I completely lost all my interest in alternative shells this time period, having tried everything.
Nevertheless, I would be glad to alpha-test your skin and see what you have accomplished. :) And, IMO, never be sceptical about releasing something; if it's good, it deserves to be out there, someone may find it more useful than anything else! :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote:I agree, even though they may look awesome, the loss in functionality is the ultimate reason you go back to the same windows taskbar.
Speaking on my behalf, I can say that I completely lost all my interest in alternative shells this time period, having tried everything.
Nevertheless, I would be glad to alpha-test your skin and see what you have accomplished. :) And, IMO, never be sceptical about releasing something; if it's good, it deserves to be out there, someone may find it more useful than anything else! :)
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11837 ;-)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

You always speak the tongue of the wise people. :)
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

long time wasn't here, been very busy, now came back to developing again... so i thought i should let you know that this project still alive... :)

some screenshot snippets

Last edited by ~Faradey~ on October 6th, 2012, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Nice to see you again :welcome:
Great to hear this excellent project is still being maintained.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

q_q
cant watch the videos cause the GEMA in Germany blocks the music in them
but its looks very promising in the images!