It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:55 am

[Script] Lua Marquee

Discuss the use of Lua in Script measures.
poiru
Developer

Re: PROOF OF CONCEPT: Lua Marquee

Post by poiru »

santa_ryan wrote:Error: ...
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I know I fixed the error using the above fix.
GetVariable() was added in r854 (2.1 beta). Make sure you're on a sufficiently high version of Rainmeter.
santa_ryan

Re: PROOF OF CONCEPT: Lua Marquee

Post by santa_ryan »

Ah... that fixed it poiru. I really need to pay more attention to those details :oops:
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
donutmtoazt

Re: [Script] Lua Marquee

Post by donutmtoazt »

I don't know if anyone else encountered this, but the text starts to become consumed after it scrolls if StringAlign=RIGHT is used. I guess it's not a huge problem when it comes to a marquee, but I decided to mention it. I ended up editing it to make it restart when it reached the end before I realized that fixing the align would resolve the issue.

Besides that hiccup on my part, this script will be very useful for some projects of mine. Thanks! :D
This is my keyboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

This is because the script only adds spaces onto the beginning of the string. I will look into fixing this issue.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I can add the spaces needed with the script, but Rainmeter removes trailing spaces from strings. There seems to be no easy way to resolve this issue.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
donutmtoazt

Post by donutmtoazt »

I don't really think that the fix will be too necessary, because with your marquee, the width setting makes it unnecessary to have it aligned to the RIGHT. I think it might only be helpful to add it as a note or something.

But back to more compliments on this script, it's fantastic. It took me a while to figure out how the code worked, but once I figured it out, I just started tinkering with it. I've got it scrolling back and forth now for a music skin. I'm loving this script. Wish I could've thought of it myself! So, basically, great job!
This is my keyboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

Hi. I'm a total noob at rainmeter coding. I found out about it just yesterday and have been messing with things. I've put together a player for songbird but I want to have the info scroll. What I need to know is if there is a way to include the contents of a txt file in a marquee? How can I do this?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

What is the format of your text file?
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

I'm 100% sure what you mean. The file format is ".txt". The format of text in the txt file is just "Artist - Song Title". When I said noob I meant n00b. I got this far by seeing what does what by looking at existing codes.

EDIT.

I've figured it out. thanks for even thinking about helping me though :welcome:

i'll be back with questions in the future more than likely
Last edited by ToyMachine on October 12th, 2011, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I think it would be much easier all the way around if you could provide me a copy of your skin. I just need more information than is easily communicated.