It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Pixel font - can't get the correct size.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
lilshizzy

Pixel font - can't get the correct size.

Post by lilshizzy »

I've searched this forum, google and a few other places and can't find an answer to this specific problem i'm having.

I've read the page "Translate Font Size to Pixels" http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-FontSizeToPixels
I've been to "Approximate Conversion from Points to Pixels" http://reeddesign.co.uk/test/points-pixels.html

and basically i need a way to change the size of my font to 7.5... not 7 and not 8 but right in between.

so... is there any way of doing this? I've tried the following just to humor myself hoping one would work...

FontSize=7.5
FontSize=7.5pts
FontSize=10px
FontSize=0.625em
FontSize=62.5%
FontPixels=10

Is there any variation/combination of these that would work?

Thanks for any help! :welcome:

Below a visual representation of my problem.
some may argue that they all look just fine, but i have a specific look i want to achieve and its just bugging me. :great:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoBu

Re: Pixel font - can't get the correct size.

Post by JoBu »

I believe that rainmeter defaults to pixels, so FontSize=10 should approximate 7.5pt relative to size.

Other variables are too numerous to truly perfect pixel size, such as font styling, OS rendering and native resolution.

My only suggestion would be to search for a different font family, perhaps a mono-spaced font such as "black courier".

You may want to look into JSMorley's "Font Tester" skin for Rainmeter... simple skin for previewing font aesthetics in rainmeter.

Sorry couldn't help more, perhaps someone else might know a fix?

Any rate, good luck and cheers.

//JoBu
lilshizzy

Re: Pixel font - can't get the correct size.

Post by lilshizzy »

Thanks for the reply. When doing graphics design 10px is perfect, but FontSize=10 in rainmeter isn't the same size. I've included another pic to better illustrate my dilemma.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.