It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:52 am

Cobolt 2.7

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Nebbishatudub

Re: Cobolt 2.2

Post by Nebbishatudub »

Seahorse wrote:Have you tried using UNC paths like \\otherPC\Files\Photos?
Sadly this doesn't work. I tried a couple different variations last night to see if I could get something, but to no avail. Even using the other computer's IP in the filepath didn't work (something like \\192.168.1.xxx\Files\Photos).

However, is there a way to maybe use a URL tag to try it? This literally just came to me as I was responding here, and since I'm not at home I don't have access to Rainmeter to give it a shot. I just thought that because the file paths aren't working, to treat the second computer like you would any other computer not on your network?

This may be totally wrong. Like I said, it just came to me and hasn't been tested. Thoughts?
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

I will need to experiment with my laptop and see if I can access the main machine, I take it you have sharing enabled?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

etakide

Post by etakide »

Yes Seahorse, I have sharing enabled and keep making attempts. Thanks for your interest.-
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Hmm, I can access the folder & files remotely via explorer from a laptop, however, the Slideshow skin display nothing quotesplugin shows the same in Rainmeter "About". I will go read up on this some more and see if it is the plugin, the skin, Rainmeter or something else to blame...
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

etakide

Post by etakide »

Sincerely apreciate your work and efforts. From here and using my modest knowledge keep on trying. Thanks again from this argentinian "rompe bolas" (ball breaker) and minds too!!!! I can see. LAUGH!!!!!. By the way and not said yet, SPECTACULAR SKIN!!!!!!!.-
Seahorse

Re: Cobolt 2.3

Post by Seahorse »

• CPU Load meters, with a persistent read peak reading allowing you to see which cores are getting used and to what level.
  • Smurfier's lua script allows scrolling lyrics, so big songs don't fill your screen, it also allows aero blur to be applied.
  • A second version of the slideshow skin adds UNC Path support courtesy of a lua script by JS Morely, It can be considerably slower that the existing skin if the network source folder has a lot of files (in the thousands) so, stick to the old unless you need the UNC part.
  • I don't like clutter on my desktop, this launcher brings all the useful stuff in one handy bar (Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate, Lock, Task Manager, Screen saver & recycle bin).
  • Other minor tweaks & fixes.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Re: Cobolt

Post by Seahorse »

* A bigger more polished variation of the analogue clock.
* More improvements to the Lyrics skin courtesy of a new version of Smurfier's lua script.
* 5 variants of the processor skin including multiple processes sorted by by memory, CPU and toggling variants.
* Other minor tweaks & fixes.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

* Updated to reflect changes in Rainmeter 2.3
* Third Media Player skin variant which shows controls & details when you hover mouse.
* Added Speedfan shortcut to launcher as Speedfan refuses to start via Windows StartUp menu.
* Revised all graphs to scroll from Left to Right.
* Fixed issues with first 4 weather icons.
* Too many other minor tweaks & fixes I can't remember!
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Included a skinned version of LuaCalendar many thanks to Smurfier, far easier to include rather than to provide instructions and downloads to getting running.

Added a new skin showing 5 of the current popular Instagram images from the Webstagram website. - The Photo of the day is proving difficult to parse and it seems that you don't get an RSS link for your own 'feed' so I suspect this si as far as this skin will go.

Fixed Gallery Filename display (oops) and updated TopProcess to reflect changes in 2.2.1 - thanks justauser.
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Seahorse

Re: Cobolt 2.6

Post by Seahorse »

Graphics updated as Window 8 doesn't support Aero blur and it looks very odd without it. MouseScroll added to media player, winnows volume and song Lyrics skins. 6-Cores added to CPU temps on request and the usual amount of fiddly fixes which occur over time that i have completely forgotten about... :lol:
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt