It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 3:36 am

Why is Rainmeter totally "manual"?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Why is Rainmeter totally "manual"?

Post by dragonmage »

Waldensamkeit wrote:At times, these are my favorite posts on here to read. Everytime I read a topic that starts off with, "Why don't you have a program that does this..." or "wouldn't it be easier for everyone if you could just open up an editor and have an interface to make skins" or any such variation of the idea, I get so excited for the responses that I know are coming... especially from JS.

I read through the responses and Im sure they've been said over and over but there is such passion in defense of the lack of such a skin creation tool for rainmeter that I feel like you're heading up a revolution of sorts, or digging your claws in opposition of someone trying to remove the world from around you.

Afterwards, I immediately have to go and open up whatever part of my project i'm on because it reminds me of just how awesome rainmeter is... AS IT IS and I get so inspired to see what else it can do.

Since I started with this application, I guess about 6 months ago or so, I have not gone a single day (well maybe one) without writing something for rainmeter. It has basically become the center of my digital world and the main outlet for my creative inspirations and I think the absolute number one FEATURE of rainmeter is that not only every single aspect of its output CAN be up to the user, but that it HAS to be.

Thanks everyone. I have such a ridiculous appreciation for rainmeter and everyone that makes it work and makes it free to use, so... thanks. :D
^ gets it.