It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:29 am

C# Plugin Issues

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
GeraldOsikawa

C# Plugin Issues

Post by GeraldOsikawa »

Hey everyone,
I'm sort of losing my marbles over here. I've downloaded the source from the google repos, successfully build the x86 and x64 versions (both release and debug for each). They work fine.
Now, I wanted to work on a C# based plugin for something, and as a starter I just wanted to make sure that the default template would compile, and be properly loaded by Rainmeter. It turns out, it's not, and I can't figure out why.

For the x64 version, it compiles fine and it also runs just fine. I can right click and refresh it and all is honkey-dorey.
The x86 version is much more problematic. It will initialize ONCE, and then after that it will cause Rainmeter to hang up when it calls the initialize. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what's going on. I've spent three hours trying to convince VS2008 (for the C# plugin) to launch the compiled debug rainmeter x86 so i can debug the DLL, and see where its actually hanging, but the il disassembly / symbol adjustment / il reassembly is destroying all of the debug symbols that get compiled into the DLL by VS. So I'm sitting here now, smacking my head up against the wall over and over.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong, I can't have been the only person who'se seen this before... But I'd ask someone else to try this: Download the complete rainmeter source from SVN, and compile it. Compile the UNMODIFIED C#pluginTemplate. Use the following .ini file to initialize it

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=GeraldOsikawa
AppVersion=0.1
Update=100000
BackgroundMode=1
MouseActionCursor=0

[Metadata]
Name=CSTestie
Config=CSTest
Description=EveMon for Rainmeter
Version=1.0.0
License=Wafflecone

; Measures
[Test]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\CSPluginTemplate.dll

; Meters
[Container]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=sTitleArea
X=0
Y=0
W=214
H=80
SolidColor=000000CC

[TestMeter]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=Test
X=5
Y=5
W=240
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
FontColor=FFFFFF
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Again, I don't understand why the x64 version works just fine, but the x86 version doesnt :(

Oh also, in case anyone was wondering just what i'm trying to run this stuff on.
It's super late here now, but tomorrow i'm going to try to repeat this on my laptop which is also a Win7 x64 machine, and see if I get the same result.

System Spec:
Intel Core i7 960
12 GB OCZ Gold 1.6v DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
2x Radeon 5870
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
1x OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD (Boot drive)
1x Seagate 1TB (Data Drive)
poiru
Developer

Re: C# Plugin Issues

Post by poiru »

Just to confirm, are you using the 32bit plugin with 64bit Rainmeter? If so, try with 32bit Rainmeter.
GeraldOsikawa

Post by GeraldOsikawa »

No. If you do that Rainmeter won't be able to locate the plugin DLL. (I tried that just for the heck of it too). This is all with the 32 bit rainmeter/plugin
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

GeraldOsikawa wrote:No. If you do that Rainmeter won't be able to locate the plugin DLL. (I tried that just for the heck of it too). This is all with the 32 bit rainmeter/plugin
I'll try to contact our C# guy and let him know about this.