It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:36 am

Relationship Placement

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sgtevmckay

Relationship Placement

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hopefully the graphic will better explain what it is I am looking for.

If you use an "r" in the code, it only makes are perspective to the Left of the previous code?
There is no way to attach to the RIGHT or the end of a previous statement???

Note right and peft are screwed up in the below image
redblack

Re: Relationship Placement

Post by redblack »

I'm trying to understand what you mean but finding the terminology difficult :]

As far as I know the 'r' simply denotes that the co-ordinate is measured relative to the previous co-ordinates in the config, as opposed to being measured absolute from the top-left corner of the config's own screen position.

I'm not sure what you mean by perspective or respective, but if you're trying to position a meter to the left of another meter, using a negative value on the x axis should work fine, However, you seem to already have that n your screenshot, so maybe I'm not understanding properly?
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

No No, you are exactly right.

the question becomes, can we only coordinate to the left of the previous code, and not to the right?
Like at the end of a series of text, instead at the coordinate start on the left.

I am looking to add symbols and small graphics to the right of a variable text line.
The small symbol would need to adjust and move with the expanding text line.

Kind of like placing a smiley at the end of a text string :D
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

I did a little bit of testing and it looks like using a capital "R" instead of a lower-case "r" will place the element relative to the right of its predecessor. Also, using a capital with the Y value will place it relative to the bottom of the previous meter instead of the top.
ImageImageImageImage
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Alex2539 wrote:I did a little bit of testing and it looks like using a capital "R" instead of a lower-case "r" will place the element relative to the right of its predecessor. Also, using a capital with the Y value will place it relative to the bottom of the previous meter instead of the top.
Really! I will have to look into this and do some documentation in regards to it.

Thanks again sir :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote: Really! I will have to look into this and do some documentation in regards to it.

Thanks again sir :D
Yes, "r" will place from the end of the previous meter, and "R" will place from the beginning of the previous meter. I
redblack

Post by redblack »

Alex2539 wrote:I did a little bit of testing and it looks like using a capital "R" instead of a lower-case "r" will place the element relative to the right of its predecessor. Also, using a capital with the Y value will place it relative to the bottom of the previous meter instead of the top.
I had no idea about this! Very very useful . . . thanks Alex!!
redblack

Post by redblack »

jsmorley wrote:Yes, "r" will place from the end of the previous meter, and "R" will place from the beginning of the previous meter. I
I think it may be the other way around Cap'n Morley, although I've never seen you be wrong before . . . . hmmm, I think we should probably modify the behaviour to match what Morley said :]