It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:40 am

Customizing the Illustro skin(help wanted)

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Rainman5419

Customizing the Illustro skin(help wanted)

Post by Rainman5419 »

I've been using Rainmeter for the past week, using the default Illustro skin, and I've been loving it so I first have to say thanks to everyone who put time money and energy into developing Rainmeter.

It hit me today that I should see if I can set up Rainmeter to do a bit more. I'm currently using the Disk, Network, and System modules and would like them each to run a different Windows shell command after being double clicked.

For the Disk module I'd like it to simply open Windows Explorer, and ideally do so with the default location being Computer(I've got this default location set up currently, just want it integrated in the Rainmeter action).

For the Network module I'd like it to open the Command Prompt, and run the command "ipconfig /all". I've also toyed with the idea of having it open a Firefox tab to "Speedtest.net".

For the System module I'd like it to open the task manager, which I know can be opened via "taskmgr".

I've searched through the forum a bit and will search some more, but this is what I've found so far. I have no clue as to the proper syntax for Rainmeter so any direction for advice would be very appreciated.

Code: Select all

LeftMouseDoubleClickAction

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["Speedtest.net"]
bobgrosh

Re: Customizing the Illustro skin(help wanted)

Post by bobgrosh »

I'm a newbee too, but I can help with this. (Hope I don't make a mistake)

Here is part of the Network.ini in Illustro

[meterTitle]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=styleTitle
; Using MeterStyle=styleTitle will basically "copy" the
; contents of the [styleTitle] section here during runtime.
X=100
Y=12
W=190
H=18
Text="Network"
; Even though the text is set to Network, Rainmeter will display
; it as NETWORK, because styleTitle contains StringCase=UPPER.
Notice that it is the METER that displays the word "Network"
If you want a button action that executes a program just add a mouse action to the bottom of section. (IE before the next section header which in this case is the [meterIPLabel] section.)

[meterTitle]
Meter=STRING
Text="Network"
; Even though the text is set to Network, Rainmeter will display
; it as NETWORK, because styleTitle contains StringCase=UPPER.[/quote]this code
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["http://Speedtest.net"]
;---------------------------------------------------
[meterIPLabel]

* Note 1
I changed the action to an UP rather than a DOWN. The down action will interfere with dragging the skin around the desktop.

*Note 2
You may also note that this the command format I supplied will start speedtest with whatever your default browser is.

*Note 3
You will have to click your mouse directly on one of the letters in "NETWORK". otherwise, the mouse click will fall through the transparent area around the letters.

To fix that you will need to change the color of the background so that the last number is 1. (IE 255,255,255,1) that will make the background color so faint that it can't be seen, but it will block the mouse clicks from falling through onto the desktop.

*Note 4
I added the line to the meter that displayed the title "NETWORK". In reality, You could add the line to any METER section in the skin, or even make a new meter with an icon in it. Or , make a slightly tinted background that would let you click anywhere on the skin.