It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:52 pm

Rainworks

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Jkon

Rainworks

Post by Jkon »

Rainworks is a collection (27 so far) of compact skins.All skins have variable width to easily adapt to your screen width
and can be flipped for top or bottom use.Middle click any active skin to easily edit that skins layout and variables.
Requires the latest beta.Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Version 1.0 now available at Deviant art.
Last edited by Jkon on July 20th, 2011, 10:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
karmat

Re: Rainworks

Post by karmat »

I'll be first in line, looks great!
tru

Post by tru »

Ahem :D :welcome:
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Added first beta above.Would appreciate any feedback,functionality,problems,visually or something you think should be added.
Still have a few skins to do,popout calendar and popout weather possibly.The settings and welcome configs could probably do with a bit of a face lift.
karmat

Post by karmat »

Works great, seems to have absolutely everything but is still really compact! Nice work as always!

Only things are...
- I can't seem to get the colors to change, they revert back to default after I press apply.
- When I click the date, the calendar doesn't appear
- is the mail for gmail? if it is, what would I put in the 3rd setting?
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Hello Karmat,

The colors are not changing because i screwed up a variable.If you want to quick fix it,open the welcome.ini,go to variables and look for "Dft_P=" and change the path to "#RootConfigPath#Resources\Library\Variables\Default.inc"

I have not yet implemented a matching calendar but you can in the settings config set the button to open a calendar app( it's set to windows calendar as default)

the mail skin is for gmail only,i should change it's name for clarity.The third entry under the mail settings,reader,is there so people can access their mail app quickly,I probably left it set to thunderbird as that is what i use.Just set it to "https://mail.google.com" if you want.

Ive found a few more issue's,the searchbar cant be flipped properly and causes suite wide problems when used(forgot to add #currentconfig# to the measure) and some more button problems on the slide show.The big problem i have is that i need to move all the uservariables back into one file as the method i've used is just screwy.hopefully version 0.3 will be better organized.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Posted new version above.Fixed a lot of issues.Added help tips.A few visual changes.Would be interested to know it's affect on cpu usage,i've seen some odd spikes of about 10% that linger for a while.Any feed back appreciated.

PS,could an admin member please move this to skin development,I should have started it there in the first place.
serjsilva

Post by serjsilva »

This seems nice.
Some time ago I also started something similar, that would just occupy the top and bottom of screen, with the majority of the information hidden. But now it's in a kind of standstill.

Anyway, the skin seems nice =) Think I'll give it a go!
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Let me know how it goes for you,any bugs or problems.
Orsin

Post by Orsin »

It a real nice skin.

mind adding a Utorrent skin too it ?

also I am having some problems with the setting on the skins reverting back to their default settings whenever i reload rainmeter