It is currently May 4th, 2024, 3:19 am

NowPlaying.dll and Track Number

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
brootalsir

Re: NowPlaying.dll and Track Number

Post by brootalsir »

Here is a link of 3 pictures. The first picture is a snapshot from my desktop. It shows a track number for every song. The second picture is my metadata from Winamp and the third picture is in My Music, it's the song i'm currently playing on my desktop.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v1u2wl.png
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Have you checked the ID3v1 AND ID3v2 tabs as well as basic info in Winamp "View File Info..."?
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

brootalsir

Post by brootalsir »

Yeah, i checked in there when i first looked at the Metadata.
brootalsir

Post by brootalsir »

If you wanna have a look for yourself, here's the player i just downloaded.
>http://rsrdk.deviantart.com/art/Simple-WA-rainmeter-114163230
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

That is NOT a NowPlaying based skin and it is using the WindowsMessage Plugin to gather the information which is the source of the number you are seeing...

So either pick the closest NowPlaying based equivalent and strip out the bits you don't want, or read up on Winamp SendMessage codes and remove the offernding line fron the one you linked... ;-)
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

I thought I knew this one, but now I remember that before the NowPlaying Plugin, I always had a track number, which would've been OK but it usually ended up being a relative number in a playlist and not the actual track number so it was never accurate.

After going through the various player code I used before compared to the Winamp programmers list, it seems the track number is actually part of the title that is returned, regardless of whether or not the track number is in the tag, file name or anywhere else. I think it is actually assigned by Winamp. Maybe it can be taken out with a substitute, but the measure used to return the bit you are looking at is:

Code: Select all

Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WindowMessagePlugin.dll
WindowClass=Winamp v1.x
Substitute="[Paused]":""," - Winamp":"","[Stopped]":""
I'm not really good with substitute, and i tried to alter the main bit to leave out the track number but i think its built in so to speak.

The best solution would be to to download Poiru's NowPlaying Plugin and alter the skin to look like the one you want. It's much easier code and you get album art if you want it.
brootalsir

Post by brootalsir »

Thanks so much guys. I'm gonna give those ideas a go and seem what happens. Seriously, thank you for helping me out. *tips hat*