It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:26 am

Weather.com is still good!

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
wasky1

Weather.com is still good!

Post by wasky1 »

Dont know if this is already well known but..... If u change "xoap" to "xml" in your weather.com weather skin url, it works again. just thaught this info neaded sharing. ;)
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Weather.com is still good!

Post by Kaelri »

Well, the thing is, we don't expect that loophole to last long. The more people who use it, the higher the likelihood that Weather.com will notice the activity and take it away, just like before.

Either way, AccuWeather is a superior option, if only because we now have an aboveboard arrangement with them for the use of their feed. As long as everyone abides by their terms of service - which are reasonable, I think, if annoying - we can expect this to be a stable solution.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

Kaelri wrote:Well, the thing is, we don't expect that loophole to last long. The more people who use it, the higher the likelihood that Weather.com will notice the activity and take it away, just like before.

Either way, AccuWeather is a superior option, if only because we now have an aboveboard arrangement with them for the use of their feed. As long as everyone abides by their terms of service - which are reasonable, I think, if annoying - we can expect this to be a stable solution.
thanx for the input i was jus trying to help. shame weather.com cant give us same arrangement, ive tried accuweather skins and i think ther are still some wrinkles need ironing out.

(didnt meen to let any cats out of bags lol)
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Heh, it's alright. I would have preferred to stick with Weather.com, if it were slightly more ethical. At the end of the day, this is just a better option. :)