It is currently May 8th, 2024, 1:01 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Ganbou-Ki

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Ganbou-Ki »

Hey,

I've read recent parts of this thread and have seen similar issues to one I'm experiencing now, however the solutions people have found haven't really worked for me.

I'm using foobar2000 with foo_cad; it's retrieving and displaying metadata and embedded art on my Rainmeter skin and always has been, but the skin also features next, previous and play/pause buttons, which only function just after I've installed foo_cad in foobar. That is, everything works perfectly after restarting foobar with the plugin running, but after I quit foobar again and restart it, the buttons don't function again until I uninstall foo_cad in foobar and install it again. This happens in all versions of foo_cad, in both 2.4 and 2.5 beta Rainmeter.

Is there still a possibility something is wrong in the .ini file for my skin? I've checked it over so many times for typos etc... I've been wrong before, but it looks fine. Also an odd curiosity is that (again in both v2.4 and v2.5) when buttons on my Rainmeter skin aren't working, my Skype notification plugin for foobar fails to work too - on starting up foobar, Skype pops up with an error regarding foobar's access to Skype. Again, it works perfectly after a fresh install of foo_cad. Could this even be a foobar problem?

Any and all help much appreciated, this is the last hurdle of a much-delayed switchover from iTunes.

EDIT: Curiously, I've restarted my computer a few times, and with foobar opening on startup, everything seems to work perfectly. However, if I quit foobar my plugins persist with their prior behaviour. I'm still determined to fix this for good, if at all possible!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Ganbou-Ki wrote:I'm using foobar2000 with foo_cad; it's retrieving and displaying metadata and embedded art on my Rainmeter skin and always has been, but the skin also features next, previous and play/pause buttons, which only function just after I've installed foo_cad in foobar. That is, everything works perfectly after restarting foobar with the plugin running, but after I quit foobar again and restart it, the buttons don't function again until I uninstall foo_cad in foobar and install it again. This happens in all versions of foo_cad, in both 2.4 and 2.5 beta Rainmeter.
This issue will be likely fixed in the next foo_cad update. It'll be released in a few days.
Ganbou-Ki

Post by Ganbou-Ki »

poiru wrote:This issue will be likely fixed in the next foo_cad update. It'll be released in a few days.
Thank you!
poiru
Developer

foo_cad 1.0.3 available for testing

Post by poiru »

foo_cad 1.0.3 is available for testing here. Let me know if it fixes the play/pause issues. Thanks! :)
Ganbou-Ki

Re: foo_cad 1.0.3 available for testing

Post by Ganbou-Ki »

poiru wrote:Let me know if it fixes the play/pause issues.
Sadly 1.0.3 doesn't seem to do anything different for me ):
JustAQuestion

Post by JustAQuestion »

JustAQuestion wrote:I have a problem with the plugin and covers from foobar...
I have not read the whole thread, but as far as I read it, it should work...
Embedded artwork works nice, they are extracted into the temp folder and foobar (foo_cad) returns the path to this image to rainmeter. But most of my music has external artwork (in the album folder a picture which is called like the album) and both the default UI and the columns UI do find it there and can display it, but rainmeter always gets an empty string as cover path...
Have I missed some options to turn on at foobar or rainmeter, or does external artwork don't work at all with foobar?
And I am just ignored... You could just say yes or no poiru :(
Matt

Post by Matt »

@JustAQuestion, I've never had a problem with non-embedded cover art. Mine are all named cover.jpg/png/etc., though.
poiru
Developer

Re: foo_cad 1.0.3 available for testing

Post by poiru »

JustAQuestion wrote: And I am just ignored... You could just say yes or no poiru :(
Sorry, I missed your earlier post. How are your artwork files named?
Ganbou-Ki wrote:Sadly 1.0.3 doesn't seem to do anything different for me ):
I'll take a deeper look. Expect a new post about this in a few days. Thanks for testing!
JustAQuestion

Re:

Post by JustAQuestion »

poiru wrote:How are your artwork files named?
They are just named like the album title and are in the same folder like the Music Files of this album.
When I rename the pictures to folder.jpg or cover.jpg, it works.

I thought naming the album art like the title of the album, would be one of the most common cases, because it makes (human) sense...

Greets
JustAQuestion
Killian

Post by Killian »

When I try to open MusicBee from any skin using the NowPlaying plugin it crashes rainmeter. This has happened with soita and with Enigma. If I use a launcher in Enigma it opens just fine.