It is currently May 25th, 2024, 7:34 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
moshi

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by moshi »

also, keep in mind it is just guessing. for example Exodus by Bob Marley is not only on Legend, but also on a gazillion of Best Of albums, so you do not necessarily get the correct album cover. same with tracks that are not only on albums, but also on singles. ;)
lapsop

Post by lapsop »

moshi wrote:what you is called scraping.
if you do that with your skin, that's fine. you and nobody else will be held legally responsible for that.
although a lawsuit is unlikely, do not expect this to be implemented in Rainmeter (or any other software).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_scraping
I did not know
moshi wrote:also, keep in mind it is just guessing. for example Exodus by Bob Marley is not only on Legend, but also on a gazillion of Best Of albums, so you do not necessarily get the correct album cover. same with tracks that are not only on albums, but also on singles. ;)
Is true, well I will continue investigating
mANGox77

Post by mANGox77 »

Hello, another newbee to Rainmeter here. My question, is there any plans for supporting JetAudio in the future? if not, how can I make this plugin to be fully compatible with my favorite player so I can enjoy all those awesome skins? Is it possible to fetch the info needed from the last.fm scrobbler instead? Thanks.
fritzdis

Post by fritzdis »

I'm using the NowPlaying plugin with Foobar2000, and there seems to be an issue checking the initial player state. Specifically, if the player is paused when a skin loads (or refreshes), the state shows as 1 instead of 2. This happens for me with even the simplest skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeasureState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=STATE

[MeterState]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureState
Text="%1"
The state is correctly updated if I hit stop or play then pause.

I've updated from Rainmeter 2.5.0 beta r1715 to 1786, as well as updated Foobar from v1.1.8 to v1.2.3 beta 1, but the issue persists. My foo_cad version is 1.0.2.

Does this work correctly for other people?
fritzdis

Post by fritzdis »

Here's a weird update to my issue:

If I load this second skin, it seems to basically fix the problem:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[MeasureState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=STATE

[Debug]
Meter=String
Hidden=1
Text=""
With both skins loaded, the only time it doesn't work correctly is if Foobar is open and paused before Rainmeter opens. I can even unload the first skin and load it again as long as I don't refresh in between the unload and load.

Even though I have no idea why this works, it's certainly an acceptable solution.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@fritzdis

Same thing happens with my setup: foobar2000 v1.2.2 & RM 2.5.r1786

On mine, the Play/Pause command to the NowPlaying plugin does not work... I have to select prev/next, or go to foobar and change the mode before the plugin responds correctly.
fritzdis

Post by fritzdis »

eclectic-tech wrote:@fritzdis

Same thing happens with my setup: foobar2000 v1.2.2 & RM 2.5.r1786

On mine, the Play/Pause command to the NowPlaying plugin does not work... I have to select prev/next, or go to foobar and change the mode before the plugin responds correctly.
Good to know it's not just my setup.

I just tested my more full-featured player skin without the second (debug) skin loaded, and I have the same issue with the play/pause command whenever Foobar is paused and the skin is refreshed. With the debug skin loaded, the play/pause works correctly except if Foobar is open and paused when the skins are first loaded. After that, everything seems to work correctly, even after a Refresh All.
kantori

Post by kantori »

I'm not certain if this has been asked previously but I just wanted to ask if it's possible (or if there's a code) to have this plugin count backwards instead of the normal start of 0:00?

Example: 05:23 to 00:00 instead of 00:00 to 05:23
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

eclectic-tech wrote:On mine, the Play/Pause command to the NowPlaying plugin does not work... I have to select prev/next, or go to foobar and change the mode before the plugin responds correctly.
fritzdis wrote:I just tested my more full-featured player skin without the second (debug) skin loaded, and I have the same issue with the play/pause command whenever Foobar is paused and the skin is refreshed. With the debug skin loaded, the play/pause works correctly except if Foobar is open and paused when the skins are first loaded. After that, everything seems to work correctly, even after a Refresh All.
Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look and try to get it fixed for the next beta.
JustAQuestion

Post by JustAQuestion »

I have a problem with the plugin and covers from foobar...
I have not read the whole thread, but as far as I read it, it should work...
Embedded artwork works nice, they are extracted into the temp folder and foobar (foo_cad) returns the path to this image to rainmeter. But most of my music has external artwork (in the album folder a picture which is called like the album) and both the default UI and the columns UI do find it there and can display it, but rainmeter always gets an empty string as cover path...
Have I missed some options to turn on at foobar or rainmeter, or does external artwork don't work at all with foobar?