It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:18 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
santa_ryan

Re: NowPlaying plugin [version 0.9]

Post by santa_ryan »

I have not modified the skin other then line 12 for choosing my media player. It only happened periodically. It did it with WMP and iTunes. I may not have been paying attention, or I may have glitched it by switching songs to quickly, but it certainly does happen. I'll try to make it reproducable and record what I did to make it happen.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
Kryptical

Post by Kryptical »

I implemented this into my music skin (not the one you included) and it works nicely. The only thing I would change (if possible) is the MediaType=Position. It produces 00:00 for the time which is ok but for music it should only be 0:00 as no song would need 2 digits for minutes. I'm using iTunes and I don't have the problem described by santa_ryan but when I click pause my skin then refresh it, the whole skin will disappear.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

Not that it means anything, but I have lots of albums that have tracks that run well into the double digits as well as one album with tracks that run into hours, not to mention all the classical music... anyway

I thought I had seen in various places about how to remove a leading zero or some variant of such, Im sorry I have no detailed info but maybe someone with greater knowledge can chime in
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Couldn't you substitute 00:00 for 0:00?
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
Kryptical

Post by Kryptical »

Waldensamkeit wrote:Not that it means anything, but I have lots of albums that have tracks that run well into the double digits as well as one album with tracks that run into hours, not to mention all the classical music... anyway

I thought I had seen in various places about how to remove a leading zero or some variant of such, Im sorry I have no detailed info but maybe someone with greater knowledge can chime in
Oh, I didn't know that your songs "combine" together. I only have a few songs I like from different albums so it would just play one song then switch to another song in another album, resetting the time back to 0:00.
Waldensamkeit

Post by Waldensamkeit »

The tracks don't run together if that's what you meant. A band called "Mono" from Japan have songs some of which run around 16-18 minutes. Another is an orchestral-like electronic-esque whatever you would categorize it with tracks that run about 20 minutes each... Klaus Schultze and Lisa Gerard - Farscape. (Not affiliated with the sci-fi show)
Theres another called "The Dirty Three" and another called GodSpeed You Black Emperor...

Either way, extra zeros can be annoying, just as much as zeros that go missing when it should say "09" it'll say "08", "9", "10". That one I don't get at all
Kryptical

Post by Kryptical »

LOL sorry, I don't know those bands, I don't even know any songs that excede 5 min. I agree that the extra zeros are annoying for me and the random missing zeros ("0:3" instead of "0:30").
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Baby.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JoBu wrote:In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Baby.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Won't get fooled again!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Kryptical wrote:LOL sorry, I don't know those bands, I don't even know any songs that excede 5 min. I agree that the extra zeros are annoying for me and the random missing zeros ("0:3" instead of "0:30").
I'll add a DisableLeadingZero= option or something similar :)
Waldensamkeit wrote:Either way, extra zeros can be annoying, just as much as zeros that go missing when it should say "09" it'll say "08", "9", "10". That one I don't get at all
Can't seem to reproduce this. Does this happen at random or always?